Are boys stronger than girls??

Lilmoomin

Reaction score
Ok I know it seems a stupid thing to ask, but are boys stronger than girls??
My sister was down on Saturday (we didn't kill each other or argue to my amazement!) and I told her our little girl was kicking but not really hard enough for others to feel it (even tho hubby has felt it once) and she said 'that's because its a girl, they are weaker than boys!' She also said that girls are less active!!
Does anyone else think this is true?? I mean I feel our little girl a few times a day! When I woke up to pee at 3 this morning I could feel her moving & kicking!
I chose not to say anything other than 'Oh' with how we have been towards each other just lately!

I don't think that's true. There are stronger babies than others, it doesn't matter on their gender.
I feel Grace A LOT, several times a day. My mum said she's a very active baby. All you have to do is put your hand on my bump and she'll kick away.

At 16 weeks 2 days, me and OH first saw her move from the outside, just before 17 weeks she was doing proper kicks :) at 18 weeks 4 days, OH felt her kick :) and at 20 weeks my mum felt her kick :D xxx

I also just read that apparently girls are stronger than boys in the womb :p
I think both are myths. xxx

I hope so! You are so lucky feeling her that early, I am so jealous! But I am loving feeling her tiny kicks and prods! Just wish Ash and boys could feel it too! Hoping it wont be long now!
I too think she is wrong, well I hope so! I wanna feel good hard kicks like I did with the boys lol x x x

I'm sure you will feel strong kicks, Grace's have gotten stronger every day since I first felt her little taps.
She's kicking the crap out of me as we speak :lol: Sometimes her kicks are so strong they shock me! xxx

It was only with by boys I could grab hold of there feet as there kids where that strong with my girl they never got that strong xcx

Awwwww! :D
I've been able to stroke Grace's feet if they're ever sticking out, but she moves them down when I do :lol:
My mum said me, my brother and my sister were the same. We'd always wiggle away when she touched our feet xxx

Awww i'm so jealous! I used to watch my boys move their feet across my tummy! Saying that though, the other week we thought we could feel her foot as we could feel a hard round lump, maybe the size of a 5p & when we touched it, it disappeared! I felt it again the other day! x x x

I don't feel orlando from the outside or see him but I can feel him! But maybe that is because of my anterior placenta

---
-

Sorry to sound dumb, but whats an anterior placenta?

It means placenta is in the front and baby behind so it cushions the movements x

---
-

i Dont know if its true but I have a very strong little boy, sonographer was very surprised at 26 weeks when he was kicking the probe( i have anterior placenta too)

Last edited:
Hello. I take it you have more than one boy already? I have 3 girls and am preggers wiv a boy, and I think he's a lot gentler than they were, but do you think thats because we have been pregnant before that we remember more the movements we felt further on, and so worry ourselves unessisarily? I am also wondering if all the stretching our wombs have done previously have numbed us a little!!! Shame that's not true of another part of our anatomy, a bird. :shock:

Hello. I take it you have more than one boy already? I have 3 girls and am preggers wiv a boy, and I think he's a lot gentler than they were, but do you think thats because we have been pregnant before that we remember more the movements we felt further on, and so worry ourselves unessisarily? I am also wondering if all the stretching our wombs have done previously have numbed us a little!!! Shame that's not true of another part of our anatomy, a bird. :shock:

Hiya Parsley :) Yes I already have 2 boys, youngest being 12! You could be right! I don't remember to much from my pregnancy's but I can remember the boys kicks being quite powerful! I guess all we can do is wait and see if it does get any stronger!

I don't think thats true. I've never had girls so can't comment on that but i've had 3 boys and my 1st used to go nuts in my womb, i could literally feel him crawling up me! My 2nd was okish with movements and my 3rd i didn't feel massive movements as i had anterier placenta. I think every baby whether its a boy or girl is different, i reckon it's down to personality myself!

Oh dear, the above would mean mine's a nutter :oooo:

:rofl: you make me roll Princess81

Just got off the phone from my gran and she doesn't believe it, she said its probably because she is going to be a ballerina! Awww bless her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back