aptamil a good choice?

specialbump

Reaction score
it seems all my friends favour aptamil and they find their babys arnt as colic'y or sicky any ideas.im wanting to buy the ready made sterile bottles to take into hospital with me but its what choice to make there so much x

I think every baby is different. And all like different milks. My LO didn't like aptimil at all :-/ we use cow&gate. He's never had colic?!cxx

We used Cow & Gate. My LO didn't like Aptamil either. We didn't have any colic. Did have reflux but that was mostly because she was premature rather than the formula.

Harry had severe colic from 2.5 weeks old until 7 weeks old. He screamed every waking hour! We had him on C&G to start with as Jack had no problems on it.

We then tried:
Hipp Organic Combiotic
SMA Lactose free (recommended by HV)
And every colic treatment out there!

Finally we tried Aptamil and put Infacol in every feed as well as using Dr Browns bottles and slowly but surely he got better.

Now at 8 weeks 3 days he's a happy little chappy and we're planning on stopping the infacol after we've used the 1 bottle we have left x

Neither Cow & Gate or Aptamil suited my LO - at 10 weeks I moved him onto HiPP Organic, and we never looked back. It solved his tummy problems overnight, and it satisfied him much better! HiPP is a less well-known milk, but I'd recommend it to anyone.

But as Lolly said, every baba is different, it's really just trial and error.

Good luck xx

X was very colicy and I feel like I tried everything. In the end Hipp Organic combiotic, and dr brown bottles did the trick. She loves the milk, when she first had it she reacted crazily like she'd been starved before lol.

We started with the normal aptamil but gave my daughter really bad constipation so was advised to go onto aptamil comfort which is especially for this and she's been fine ever since xx

We use it just fine. James was exclusivley breast fed to begin with (I expressed for 6 weeks) then combi-fed with Aptimal and has been purely on Aptimal since he was about 8-9 weeks.

No issues really, he was constipated to begin with but that is normal when they go to FF from BF

xxxxxxxxx

Jules was breast fed to begin with then when we decided to switch her to formula we chose Aptamil. I'd got one of those starter packs to take into hospital 'just in case' so it seemed only natural to continue with aptamil and she's never had any problems with it. She was and still is a very grumpy baby! We tried when she was younger to switch to hipp organic as I've read lots of good things about it, but it made her very sick! So basically, every baby is different with every different type of formula. A mw did tell us that aptamil is one of the easier ones on their little tummies though, although how true that is who knows! Give it a whirl! X x

We use SMA and have had no colic or any problems x

tapatalking x

Every baby is different. We started our lad on sma and he was fine on it till a few weeks in. He would only poop every few days, gave him awful wind till he would go and when he did it was green. We moved him onto aptamil then and he's been fine since. Do your hospital not provide formula? Mine did and had a choice of the big three brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back