Appt With Fertility Clinic - Which Drugs?

skairdykat

Reaction score
Rang them today. Got and appt for 9th Sept at 2.30pm so hopefully will get the drugs prescribed and be PG soon after :pray:

What do you think they will give me? All our tests have come back fine they just said overthe phone they will give me some drugs to give me a boost. Any ideas?

No idea Skairdy but I hope whatever they give you gets you the BFP you deserve xx

I have no idea either just wanted to wish you luck and hope you get a bfp soon. :pray: :hug:

Thanks ladies :hug:

Just been looking on the net and the main drug I can find is Clomid but I thought that was just used in women who don't OV.
My tests have shown that I do OV though.
Guess I'll just have to wait and see lol.

skairdykat said:

Just been looking on the net and the main drug I can find is Clomid but I thought that was just used in women who don't OV.
My tests have shown that I do OV though.
Guess I'll just have to wait and see lol.

Yeah Clomid is quite commonly used, even though you ovulate they may prescribe it as it can make you release more than one egg at ovulation, increasing your chance of pregnancy. It also increases the chance of you having a multiple pregnancy.
-Sometimes they offer Clomid with ovulation tracking, which is scans and blood tests to pinpoint exactly when you ovulate, so they can tell you exactly when to BD to increase the chance of concieving further.

Lotsa luck!

Ooo thanks hun.

Do you work in a fertility clinic? Oooo I might have twins........oooerrr :lol:

skairdykat said:
Ooo thanks hun.

Do you work in a fertility clinic? Oooo I might have twins........oooerrr :lol:

No, gosh I wish my job was as interesing as that - I was under a fertility clinic for 6 months...I had IVF before I had my son.
-Yes, twins is possible, there is a 10% chance with Clomid.

yep, i'd say clomid too skairdy. quite often given as a booster to ovulation.

goodluck

good luck skairdy the appt isn't too far away xx and BFP shortly after i hope :pray:

I don't know whether to feel excited that somethings is being done to help or sad that I need the help to get pg lol.

I'd go for excited if i were you...it'll be worth it in the end. :D

Hey Hon,

Good luck. Just to say if it is Clomid, drink plenty of water around your fertile time as clomid can reduce your fertile fluid. Lots of water should help.

Praying for a little mini you soon!!!

Becs x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back