Anything else I should/could be doing?

Sherlock

Reaction score
I'm preparing for the arrival of Bump and have been doing various things supposedly helpful for labour and after giving birth.

My checklist so far is

Raspberry leaf tea
Birthing ball exercises
Walking daily for at least an hour (should read waddling daily :roll: )
Omega 3 capsules (for PG women) taking daily till I deliver to aid brain development in LO I am told.
Upped calcium intake - to help prevent bone problems later in life
Drinking more water
Extra virgin olive oil - to apply to help prevent tearing during labour :shock:

Anything else I could be trying or should be looking into? My hope is for a homebirth so I've done lots of research into that also. I know not all of what we use is proven to work but I think the things I've included are of some use. All things my MW has told to me be doing also.

I was also considering Bachs Flower remedy but am not sure about this. Will do some more reading later today.

Also hubby and I are off into town this afternoon to do some baby shopping. We had planned to go last week but Daisy dog was so poorly I didn't want to leave her, so we had to postpone. Nothing exciting, stuff for my hospital bag (just in case I need it) and things for Bump's arrival. I'm so looking forward to it. I've been wanting to get this stuff for a few weeks now but its never panned out till today :roll: I said to my hubby I'd be in labour before we got sorted and I was so unhappy a couple of weeks ago that I wasn't better organised. In my head I know exactly what I want and need, but actually getting out there and buying it, not happening quick enough :wall:

So woooo todays the day :) :cheer:

You sound a lot more organised than I am :lol:

I hope you really enjoy your afternoon of baby shopping, I was in a similar situation where I was wanting to get things done and sorted etc and hubby kept saying we have enough time, it really got me down. Eventually I got everything done and now feel ready for baby to come, so have fun. I even enjoyed packing my hospital bag, even though it freaked me out packing the disposable briefs and maternity pads :shock:

That's what my hubby was saying. Or that if need be and it got too late and I was too big he could go on his own and get things I needed. I cried (whinged) at that thought :roll: I explained it was that I *wanted* to do all this, and with him if possible. Sending him out for nappies and pads at 2am because I was in labour early wasn't what I had in mind :lol: :wall: I would have felt so left out if I wasn't able to do all this.

So yay shopping finally :cheer:

Oh my lord!

You are organised!!...

I cant see me doing that much :think: :doh:

not sure on what you could be doing hun
but yay for shopping even if it is just for the boring bits :)
manda xx

My friend made me a checklist of things to do at this stage. It involved laying in bed till lunchtime every day for a week, reading a book from start to finish in less than 2 years, having a bath alone, and having poo in peace :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
love that list.

Thanks Sherlock for your list has made me realise i ought to be doing something! Lol.

I need to sort a hospital bag too, just in case!

My friend made me a checklist of things to do at this stage. It involved laying in bed till lunchtime every day for a week, reading a book from start to finish in less than 2 years, having a bath alone, and having poo in peace
:rotfl:
My friends/family told me exactly the same...watch DVDS, have noisy sex in every room in the house, go out spontaneously....won't get much chance in a few weeks :rotfl:

hey Sherlock

you are organised

I walk into town and back which is about 20mins, I have been using the oil but realised I am not doing it correctly.

I have the capsules red leaf ones but too scared to take just get.

I bounce on my ball when I feel uncomfortable.

you sounds a hell of a lot more organised than me tho

xx

You're definitely on the ball with it Sherlock, literally :lol: So the only thing I can think of which could help you is to make sure you eat plenty of fibre and fresh fruit and try and stay regular. Once the baby gets really heavy it pushes down on your back passage and the weight can give you hemorrhoids and the last thing you want to end up with is constipation :( Trust me it is miserable, I paced my kitchen feeling very sore and sorry for myself towards the end of my pregnancy, not how I imagined it would end up :(

Other than that I'd say you have it well covered :D

Enjoy the shopping!

The list looks good, are you into homeopathy? Maybe arnica could help?

My little sis bought me a 'after birth rescue package' last week, bless her (she had a rough labour last year)
She gave me some arnica tablets to minimise bruising and some lavender oil (and another oil, can't remember what, i'll go look in a minute) to put in the bath with a cup of milk to soothe any perineal trauma.

tea tree oil! Apparently a few drops of lavender oil, tea tree oil and a cup of milk in a warm bath really helps relieve any soreness.

Only things I don't see on that list are:

Relax
Rest
Enjoy the silence :lol:

Seriously you sound really organised just enjoy being pregnant :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members