What Could This Be?

dannii87

Reaction score
Hola 8)

Last night I got one contraction with pain. It was all on my left side (left side of bump, left side of lower back and left side of body). Anyway, it took my breath away, made me have a hot sweat while it was happening and then I was sick... I thought it could be very early stages of labour or something but it drizzled out into nothing so it obviously wasn't labour related.

Anyway, went round Tescos today with my Mum and got CONSTANT pain in my left hand side again. Made me feel hot and flustered again like it did last night, but didn't make me feel sick. There were no breaks inbetween or anything and only got a couple of BH with it (but the pain didn't increase or anything) so again, can't be labour related. It started to wear off and came in waves (no BH with it though) and eventually drizzled out again.

I've never had this before and for a brief second, a horrible though came over me, for some reason I imagined the cord round her neck or something and that's what caused the pain!? I have no idea WHY I thought that, but now I can't stop thinking about it :( xx

Awwww :hug: i don't know what that could be lovely but have some more of these :hug: :hug: :hug: dya think maybe its just everything gearing up ready for the off ?
Loadsa love Sarah xxx

Could be a sign of things to come hun, fingers crossed for you. If you are worried then contact MW and im sure she will put ur mind at ease x

It could be early labour hon, Im not too sure, But monitor it and if it continues why give the middy a call?

I know i get pains but there are very very suddent like shooting pains right around my pelvic bone and middy says they are where the bubs is lying, but yours isnt that...

Either way it couold be little Evie getting ready? :hug: :hug:

Could be the start of something, babes, :dance: :dance: Best to give yr midwife a call, just to make you feel better. Why not have a nice warm bath to relax? Have loads of hugs and hope she is on her way for you!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

Thanks ladies :hug: I'm not convinced that it's early labour or anything like that for a few reasons. I just don't "feel" like it's going to happen any time soon, I've had no other signs like losing plug or anything, she only engaged a couple of weeks ago blah blah.

You know when you just let a stupid thought enter your head and then it won't go away?! :doh: I can't ring my MW until Monday (she doesn't work weekends and is on holiday at the moment). I just need someone in the medical profession to tell me it's NOT any sign that it's the cord wrapped round her neck or anything. I know it sounds stupid, I just randomly thought it and now I can't stop thinking that it's that!? :think: xx

why not give the delivery suite a ring and speak to a MW there?

Dannii have you asked in Ask a mum section? If this is how maybe labour signs start? Hope it is just sign of little evie showing up in the next few days...

Hmmm, I'll ask in Ask A Mum (mainly to hear that if anyone did get it while they were pregnant, their babies were ok!)

If no success, I'll ring the delivery suite just to make sure it's nothing serious :hug: Thanks ladies xx

I agree with Ally hun - give the birthing unit a ring and talk it over with a midwife on call and they should be able to set your mind absolutely at rest :hug:

The first thing that springs to my mind would be trapped wind, I had it quite alot during that last weeks and it can be really painful.

It could be something more though, I wouldn't worry too much though, it could be that bubs is in awkward position or something or maybe its the start of things.

If it is worrying you though you could call the hospital (delivery suite) and see what they say?

I don't really have any advice but wanted to give you these :hug: :hug: :hug:
Maybe ring the labour ward and go and get checked out? It will put your mind at ease if nothing else :hug: :hug: :hug:

i had this in Asda today, it was like a stitch but even when i sat down it didn't go away. it's still there now chick but not as bad. when i got back from Asda i was so worried that i rang the ward and the midwife there said that it sounds like it's a stitch and that it would be hurting more cos baby is so close to joining the world.
it might just be that.........

:hug: :hug: Have some hugs anyways chick! :hug: :hug: Hope you're feeling better soon!

I have no advice really, just wanted to give you these :hug: :hug: :hug: & say you should phone the hospital, they will put your mind to ease :hug: :hug:

It could be so many things, but just so sorry its made you worry in this way, I'm sure it is baby just laying funny, she's so little room now, you'll feel everything more acutely :hug: but like others have said, there is the labour ward to voice your concerns, they will have heard or seen it before and be able to reassure you, even see you, just ring them and very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

I just want to say that I think its Evie warming up!! :D
I dont honestly think that the cord being around a babies neck would cause you pain hun (though Im not a med, but my mam didnt have pain when she lost Holly :hug: )
Also, with Joseph I didnt lose any plug until I had been having contractions all day and went to the hospital! On the way to the delivery suite I went toilet and thats where it came out!!
And some babies dont get engaged till labour so that doesnt mean that much either!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I know you dont want to get your hopes up especially if you have to wait a couple more weeks but I really think in the next day or two you will be going in!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Though as everyone else has said, call the hospital if your worried hun! They will put your mind at ease or maybe ask you to go in and be monitored then you will know more!! :hug: :hug:
Good luck hun!

Cheers ladies :hug: I'm going to mention it to my MW on Tues at my appointment.

Mum said something which made me feel a bit better;

A) I can still feel Evie moving around so the cord idea is unlikely...
B) How would a cord wrapped around baby's neck cause pain?

Tis true I suppose :think: I feel a bit better that it was just a stupid thought I let enter my head! :wall:

I'm not going to ring the labour ward as I've been looking it up and although there are loads of different possible explanations, there isn't anything said like a cause for concern or anything so it's probably just one of those things that no-one will ever be able to explain!!

xx

i get like a sharp stitch like pain sometimes when im out - usually low down on left side of my bump, is this the sort of pain your feeling? if it is then when i asked the midwife about it she said it was ligament pain whenever baby has a stretch or something. i get it alot when im walking and it takes my breath away and i find it hard to keep walking

Hope you're feeling better :hug:

I think it sounds like Evie is limbering up for the big day :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back