Anyone who lives in council or housing association?

Rock-Angel

Reaction score
Sorry for asking but just thought Id be nosey!!

We live in a housing association and I love it but some bits really annoy me! The kitchen is huge but a stupid layout that cant have much done to it! the other month my hubby called to ask them if we could change the cupbaord doors, they said fine! Next thin I knew he was ripping out the flamin cupboard! Ok we never use it and its ina stupid place but still :shock:

How much have you altered in yuor homes? I know a lady who did a complete kitchen refurb, she made it look stunning, a couple years later she moved out and the council said she had to put the old one back in......OK they prefered there old modly cupboards to her top of the range one!
(she left it, when she moved out the buliders ripped it out and put a old poo one back in!!!)

We are not thinking move sinks or anything but just about redoing the kitchen as the rest of the house looks ace! (well bar nursery at mo!)

We plan to stay here long as poss, do you reckon we should just go for it? They never house visit so wouldnt know unless told!!

we are with the local counsil and when we moved in we were told if we want to knock any walls down :shock:
or anything like that just to ask they will let us but we have to ask first (our bathroom has been knocked into 1 already by previous owner or we would of done that)
if i knew we were staying here for many years to come i would replace the kitchen as its ming but for the moment ive just repainted and changed the cupboard doors
xx

I live in a council house!
We cant afford our own home at the min and tbh its not on my list of priorities just yet!
We have put a new kitchen in (as in other post) and will be putting a new bathroom in this year! Thinking of also building a small conservatory too! Im not planning on moving any time soon so why not?! I want to be comfy and happy with the home I live in, even if its not mine heehee
Oh we're also thinking of converting the loft! The council will change everything back once we go but never mind lol Silly council lol!

lea m said:
I live in a council house!
We cant afford our own home at the min and tbh its not on my list of priorities just yet!
We have put a new kitchen in (as in other post) and will be putting a new bathroom in this year! Thinking of also building a small conservatory too! Im not planning on moving any time soon so why not?! I want to be comfy and happy with the home I live in, even if its not mine heehee
Oh we're also thinking of converting the loft! The council will change everything back once we go but never mind lol Silly council lol!

Im in love with your kitchen! We have a red and black theme going on with hints of silver, then we have the crappy kitchen cupbaords on top!!!!!

:think: :think: :think: got me thinkin now!!! Pity Ikeas not near here and they dont deliever, hmmm anyone know anywere else that does nice cheap kitchens!
and yea tis a bit daft you make it all nice and they rip it out! this house is only 3 yrs old so wont be knocking nay walls down.......................................yet!!!!

Oooh harsh! :( Didnt realise it was that expensive!! Cheeky monkeys!

Rock-Angel said:
[quote="lea m":1pxm2d99]Ikea DO deliver!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I was told £30 per mile? and we are round 100 miles from the nearest store if not more![/quote:1pxm2d99]

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Ikea Delivery Info

If it IS that expensive hire a van for the day (about £40) and pick it up yourself :hug:

I live in a housing association bungalow. Long story short, it was orginally my mums and in the whole 10 years or so that I/she has lived here we've never had anyone visit. We are allowed to change anything we want as long as we get permission. It also says in my handbook that if we add value to the property (ie a new kitchen/conservatory) we will be reinbursted to some extent upon leaving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back