can anyone help re housing benefit?

Kimbo

Reaction score
Hi all, :wave: just moved into a new house, and I am on income support so getting housing benefit and council tax benefit.
I have just recieved a letter saying that my rent is £90 a week, and will be paid 4 weekly.
I also have a letter saying council tax is £14.31 weekly from 2nd Jan - 1st April, and an amount of £182 has been credited to my council tax account for this financial year.

But I have also recieved a cheque, it says remittance advice, for £128.57. But there is no letter with this.
What is it for does anybody know?

I would phone the council and ask them and don't spend it. It might be for the rent or something.

muppetmummy said:
I would phone the council and ask them and don't spend it. It might be for the rent or something.

i agree!

Yeah, I wouldn't spend it. I remember my mum getting one of them last year when she changed benefits and she called them and said she was entitled to it. So she spent it only to be asked for it all back about 3 months later. Don't trust the council, they haven't a clue what they are doing half the time. I can't remember what they said it was for but it was called the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back