anyone used these over-the-counter- diet pill thingies?

sazzylou

Reaction score
I dont mean like the dodgy pills you get off 'tinternet, i mean like "Lipobind" or "Adios". Just wondered if anyones used them and had any sucess with them, or if theyre just a load of old rubbish! :lol:

I've used adios and they worked but as soon as i stoped taking them i put the weight back on really quickly and found it harder to lose so i wouldnt recomend them.

oh thats a shame :( I know they wouldnt be like a miracle pill or anything, i just wanted something that would make this losing weight malarky a bit easier, if only alittle bit! I am a willpower free zone im afraid :cry: I eat really well all day, then i eat crap at night.... i might have to resort to...*shudder*....excercise.... :puke: :lol:

Ok I've tried EVERYTHING out there like that all the herbal ones, all the internet ones, crazes like pink patches etc.....they don't work (more's the pity) though I have started taking Hoodia which isn't a weight loss as such more an appetite suppresant....they do work in that I'm not feeling hungry but they are not a miracle cos hungry or not I'll still eat!! LOL Think I need to resort to having my jaw wired shut!!

iv never tried them so i cant really slag them off but i believe all they are is diuretic- basically they make u piss more the body is something like 80% water so its possible to lose huge amounts of water weight. it is impossible to lose more than half a pound of fat in one day (unless someone is so morbidly obese that they need like 35000 cals or more JUST to maintain their colossal weight). any drastic weight loss of a pound or more in one day is only water weight. and the way one's body responds to water loss is yep, retaining water! those pills basically just dehydrate you so all that happens is afterwards u will have water retention and be very bloated and weigh even more! oops, i just did slag them off a bit didnt i :oops: :lol: dont waste ur money honey :hug:

BE CAREFUL LADIES PLZZZZ READ THIS!! It was in one of the local forums ... a woman died from taking slimming pills that comes from East Asia! why?!!!!!! you would all be surprised!! the pills she was taking were sooo effective and she was constantly loosing weight! but guess what was the secret ingredient!? (worms)!!!! it turns out the pills she was taking were nothing but worm eggs that hatch inside the body once taken and keeps eating the insides!! and once another woman forgot her pill next to the sink when she came back she found an army of worms!!!

I am not sure if this was a fact or just a rumor but thought I would let u all be aware as it's really scary and I don't think I would be taking any!

ive tried both adios plus and lipobind, none of which worked for me... i did lipobind for a months and at 25pound a week you would expext to lose something wouldnt you??? i lost nothing.!!! i stopped taking them and on the same diet as taking them i lost weight. to be honest id just do it the healthy way dont waste your money xx good luck xx

thank you ladies :hug:

I didnt think theyd be much good tbh :( If they actually did make you lose weight i suppose we'd all be on them eh? :lol: And like you say, they are bloody expensive :shock: Think i'll give them a miss, lol xx

maldives said:
BE CAREFUL LADIES PLZZZZ READ THIS!! It was in one of the local forums ... a woman died from taking slimming pills that comes from East Asia! why?!!!!!! you would all be surprised!! the pills she was taking were sooo effective and she was constantly loosing weight! but guess what was the secret ingredient!? (worms)!!!! it turns out the pills she was taking were nothing but worm eggs that hatch inside the body once taken and keeps eating the insides!! and once another woman forgot her pill next to the sink when she came back she found an army of worms!!!

I am not sure if this was a fact or just a rumor but thought I would let u all be aware as it's really scary and I don't think I would be taking any!

HOLY CRAP :shock: thats horrible!!!!!!!!! :puke: :puke: :puke:

not weight loss pills, but i'm just after doing 15 days on 'biofirm' detox tablets. i actually feel good after taking them and i lost 4lbs :D i done it more so for the 'cleaning out your insides' thing though :lol:

biofirm are the only detox tablets clinically proven to work and they're all herbal too xxx

eta - i would like to try hoodia, a lot of people have said this works really well, but it's quite expensive.

its true about the worms- altho lipobind and adios will not contain worms. a tapeworm is often responsible for otherwise unexplained weight loss. because it eats all the calories and grows really long (the intestinal tract is something like 40 metres long! :shock:

tapeworm eggs were popular ingredient of diet pills in england and USA in the 1920's. but not now, dont worry! iv heard they do still use them in south america and asia tho. and i wouldnt be suprised if internet pills are tapeworm eggs. apart from being absolutely effing minging tapeworms are bad coz not only do they steal ur calories, they steal ur vitamins too, and u end up with minging skin, brittle bones and scurvy!

"lipobind" suggests it works by blocking fat absorption- "lipo" is the bio word for "fat". it probably, well, binds the fat to it so it just passes thru ur gut- causes farting and diarhea- nice! LOL like artificial sweeteners- if u read packs of sugarfree gum it says may cause laxative effects- coz the sweetener cant be digested either. when things pass thru undigested they give u bad cramps and the trots :lol:

adios is just a diuretic, i think iv heard the tv ads say its "goodbye to excess fluids" or summink.

idk what biofirm does :think:

sarafet said:
not weight loss pills, but i'm just after doing 15 days on 'biofirm' detox tablets. i actually feel good after taking them and i lost 4lbs :D i done it more so for the 'cleaning out your insides' thing though :lol:

biofirm are the only detox tablets clinically proven to work and they're all herbal too xxx

eta - i would like to try hoodia, a lot of people have said this works really well, but it's quite expensive.
]

ive tried hoodia, its nothing special, i lost 2lb a week which i am losing now on a diet without the pills.

sarafet, you said 15 days so thats the same, 2lbs a week you could probably do this without the tablets x

linzi-x- said:
sarafet said:

]

ive tried hoodia, its nothing special, i lost 2lb a week which i am losing now on a diet without the pills.

sarafet, you said 15 days so thats the same, 2lbs a week you could probably do this without the tablets x

nah i wasn't too bothered about the weight being honest, it was more the detox i was looking for.. :)

sarafet said:
linzi-x- said:
sarafet said:

]

nah i wasn't too bothered about the weight being honest, it was more the detox i was looking for.. :)

:D oki no probis, does it work well for a detox?? xx

linzi-x- said:
sarafet said:
[quote="linzi-x-":2pqcwbjj]
sarafet said:

]

:D oki no probis, does it work well for a detox?? xx[/quote:2pqcwbjj]

i think so :) i feel better and lighter, more energy i think? :D

maldives said:

that's an urban legend! :)

that particular story may be a legend but it is true that diet pills (at one time in the 20th century at least anyway) have contained tapeworm eggs

Please have a look at paul mckennas 'i can make you thin' not a load of old crap as i thought it were, excellent read and ive lost 2,5lbs this week thanks to this man.

Its not a diet. I eat what i want whenever i am hungry.

There bare 4 golden rules to follow.

Buy the book and read it!

oh sarah! are u sponsored by paul mckenna :lol: why cant u just tell us the 4 rules :shakehead: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back