on the pill and pregnant???

fairygirl2

Reaction score
I'm 17 years old and have been with my partner for almost a year now, we're very clear about our goals and children are a long way off for us. I went on the pill in July 06; I’ve missed a pill here or there but have always used extra protection when it's happened. Around Christmas time everything got a little crazy and I missed two pills (stupid I know) again we used extra protection but I was worried still. My period (in early January) came a day early and was very light, but I put this down to me missing the pills and it was like the bleeding I received just after missing the pill (2 weeks earlier) any way my period became heavier, like usual but finished a day earlier. I hoped it meant nothing and started taking my pill for the next month. So I wouldn't miss any again I set an alarm for 9.30 every morning and haven't forgotten one. Well I’m now a day late for my period and am extremely worried, I’m NEVER late. I plan on taking a pregnancy test tomorrow morning if I’m still not on but until then has any one got and advise? Or been in the same situation?
Many thanks
Fairygirl2

Hi

When i was younger i had something similar. I worried myself silly and in the end after doing a test it came back negative and shortly after i got my period.

I would suggest a test.

Sarah

I took a test this morning and it came back negative, although I went to the toilet a lot in the night so it my not have built up in my system. But if I’m not pregnant, where’s my period? Today I’ve been receiving some very light brown discharge, could this be it? And shouldn't it be heavier like usual? What is my body doing? :?

A test is the only way to tell and if your worried then go to see your gp.

You can still miss periods when on the pill, I did once when babies were a big no no and worried myself like mad went to the doc's for them to tell me well if you don't get your next one come back and we'll do a test.......the next one came as normal and got no baby 9 months later.
hope it helps ease your mind a bit hun

i missed 3 periods in a row once on the pill , think i ended up being about 12 weeks late ! no baby tho . hope u get the answer u want , sure the brown discharge is probably af starting , i get this know the day before when i never ever use to !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back