anyone taking iron?

abbiecourt

Reaction score
hello ladies and bumps hope ur all well :)

is their any of u taking iron and still feel tired? i take 3 iron tablets a day and 2 b12 x

Im taking pregnancycare tablets, they include irons. Do you drink orange juice or have something with vitamines when u take irons as I was told thats very important because your body absorb that easier then.

i never thought of that i know they going through because its gone black in toilet lol sorry :/

lol.. You might feel tired for other reasons ? also know lacking of b12 vitamines can make u tired, have u had ur vitamine etc levels checked ? xx

they took bloods last time and then given me b12 and iron i been taking them for 3 weeks now and still feel tired x

i take liquid iron which i think works so much better.

I also take pregnacare plus which has iron in it, and they recommend you take it with a meal as its absorbed much better than if its taken with an empty stomach :) xx

im being naught with pregnacare and not taking it regularly as im usually sick straight after! but have completely turned my eating around eating iron rich foods and tonnes of fruit. what is the liquid form lik is it tasteless? xx

Yep, still taking iron tabs that doc has prescribed. I don't eat red meat really, only the odd time. I do like it, but I'm more of a chicken person. Doc has said that I don't really need to take it at this stage in pregnancy but prescribed it anyway because I asked about it :roll: Said it wouldn't do me any harm to take them. Just wouldn't give me a definitive answer. I guess that's because there's a split debate whether they're needed or not. Ah well, I'll just keep taking them seeing as its doing no harm and to top up my lack of red meat eating. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back