Anyone suffering antenatal depression?

Annabanna33

Reaction score
I suffered depression a few years ago, pathetic suicide attempt and lots of counselling later, i finally got over it.
Now im starting to have all those same feelings again.....
just want to hole up in my house and stay there. Not too sure what anyone can do as i dont want to take antidepressants whilst being pregnant.

A
x

Talk to your MW or GP asap. They will be able to help you and there are anti-depressants which can be taken in pregnancy. Don't try to cope on your own, when there's help on offer. Fwiw, I've mentioned my history of depression at the first booking appointment which means that they monitor this closely. Thankfully I haven't got any symptoms so far, but they keep emphasising that help is on offer should I need it.

Defo speak to either your MW or GP as soon as you can hun :hug: :hug:

speak to your midwife ASAP! mine was lovely when i had to tell her about some of the stuff i'd been feeling (admittedly it was a long time ago)

i can totally relate to the wanting to stay in the house all the time, i've had days when i've struggled to get out of bed

on a complete random note, i've just noticed youre due about the same time as me :)

Annabanna33 said:
Not too sure what anyone can do as i dont want to take antidepressants whilst being pregnant.

Go see your MW or doc hun! I have depression and had to take anti depressants while pregnant! I didnt want to after hearing things about them etc but I looked online and I did lots of research and found that fluxotine(prozac) are ok to use and the pro's far outweigh the cons! Also taking them in the 2cd tri is the best time to take them! Maybe you could do what i did and take them for a while whilst in tri 2 early tri 3 and see if you can manage without them for the latter part of your pregnancy!?
Please go speak to you GP hun! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and have days where I dont wanna go out the house or even wanna get out of bed so I understand how your feeling.

I told my MD at my booking in appointment and she is going to keep an eye on things for me. If you wanna chat you know where to find me hun xx :hug: :hug:

Thanks for all your replies guys, am due to see the midwife next week for my 16 week appointment, so will mention it to her. I guess i just dont want to admit it as i know all the hassle my family went through when i had it last time.

Coll Claire Louise! im due the 26th March. Feels like a liftime away at the moment. Whens ur 20 week scan? mines 7th nov.

A
x

Take care honey, and just come on here for a chat anytime, and Im sure all the girls will help you as much as possible.

xxxx :hug: :hug:

my 20 weeks is the 8th november!! i went a few days later cos i wanted a saturday so my sister could come with me

my 12 week scan puts my due date at 27th and my midwife said 29th, so im saying 28th to be in the middle lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back