Antenatal Depression

Ju

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Feeling really low today...................I have had depression in the past and am currently having counselling as I have felt so low throughout my entire pregnancy. I am happy about my baby girl, but I just feel so depressed and guilty for feeling like it!
:(

Has anyone heard of antenatal depression or have had or knows someone who has had it? Just wondering how I can make myself feel happier when I'm not at counselling!

http://www.depression-in-pregnancy.org.uk

I've been on the above website and it was quite helpful. Have also e-mailed OH to let him know how I feel because I feel too ashamed to tell him face to face.

Ju xxx

First of all hun don't feel ashamed for feeling like this, its not as if you're doing it on purpose.
I have suffered from depression but this was years ago & luckily only had the baby blues for a couple of weeks but it is hard going not being able to control your feelings.
I expect alot of it is down to hormones & it'll probably settle down in time after the birth but in the mean time see your doctor & talk it all through with him/her, they can help & they will take you seriously, its a serious condition. I hope you feel better soon :hug:

hi hun, i have been suffering on and off for 6 years, it started as post natal depression and has just been one thing after another.when i gave birth i just didnt bond with her partly because of my ex's family just took over as soon as i had her. when she was 9 months i ended up just giving her to them and she lived there for 2 years! god , what i would do now to turn back time.
Any way i am 5 months pg now , and i have gone back on my anti-depressants because i am so low . I have been signed off work constantly by the dr because i cant even prepare myself to walk out the door. Some days i am happy as larry and others i feel like theres no point to the day.When i feel like that i allways remember what my nan says to me , that i have to think of what i have got and that i have alot to look forward to. it dosent do much help but it makes me relise that if i get through today i will feel different in myself tommorow.
People say to me what r u going to do when this baby comes along , how am i going to cope , but i see it differently , this is my chance to make up for what i lost out on and there is no way that i am going down that road again. The dr has already told me that after i have this baby he is going to sort me out which in a way , i cant wait.
Any way sorry that i havent been much help , i just want you to know that ur not alone and if you want to talk we're here. x

I think I had something similar. I hated being pregnant. I hated being in pain all the time. I kept worrying something was going to happen. But as soon as Kai was born I was fine and happy he was here.

It was funny I went to hospital as I had a pain in my leg at 30 weeks, I thought it was DVT, of course I was worried about it but there was something else bothering me at the time and I ended up talking to a social worker who thought there was something more wrong and I was actually flagged when Kai was born and she came to see how I was. Stupid woman and so patronising.

Thank you so much for your kind words of support and for sharing your experiences with me. It's nice to know that I'm not alone!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back