Anyone play the flute?

Princess81

Reaction score
I've always always wanted to learn. So now, I've decided that the time is right. I have never even tried to play and am a total beginner. I'm going to teach myself online hopefully but we happily have a flute teacher who lives on my road and I know her dad.
Question is what flute do I buy? I need a beginners one but no idea where to start?! Any recommendations or advice would be wonderful.

I play the flute but I've always had mine bought for me so I have advice on them! Lol x couldn't even tell you what mine is off the top of my head!
My biggest advice is persevere and look after the flute! I love playing it but don't have any time to atm :( I taught myself to read music and play the flute using books x good luck!

Thanks hun. I have ordered a highly-rated book and I know I need to get a chart. A minefield lol x

I play a meat flute.....does that count :rofl:

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

i used to play in highschool but they were too expensive for my parents to buy me one and the schools one broke, it was lovely but id just say the when your learning expect to get a few headaches when you first start due to the breathing and breath control you have to learn just to make the flute actually make noise and enjoy :)

I used to play. I would recommend hiring one from a music shop, or borrowing from the teacher you know who may have spares. I don't think there are specific 'beginners' ones, but they are a bit different the different makes, and better to try them first. I got on best with Yamaha - typically, the most expensive!!!

I play a meat flute.....does that count :rofl:

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

You filthy minx lol!

Sorry Jayne , I can only play recorder so I'm no help here x

Sent from my annoyingly slow iPhone using Tapatalk

I play and it's a yamaha that i have too... if you go into a music shop they'll be able to help you with what you're after hun... all my instruments are yamaha.... good luck with it.. x

Haha, Jayne you should have known where this thread was gonna go. :rofl:

I can play the actual flute and NOT the meat variety. It's been a while but I was decent enough in my day :)

It's true Yamaha do the best flutes but even their beginner flute are expensive even 2nd hand.

Renting one to start with us a great idea. Personally I wouldn't buy even second hand from a music shop just because I think they're too expensive. Honestly check out local adds when you've got the hang of a rented one. One you can go and see and have a toot on.

Any questions just ask. I may be able to dredge my memory and help though I'm sure there are plenty of others here that can step up too :)

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Awwww yay! Thanks girls I'm really excited about learning. Netty I'm already a pro on the meat variety hoping it will stand me in good stead for the musical one ;)

Oh and I had been looking on eBay for 2nd hand yAmahas x

I played and before maternity leave was teaching a few children in school too. My flute is a Trevor James one but baring in mind I had this brought for me when I was 10ish so 17 years ago!!!xxx

Thanks for your reply hun I've only just seen it, sorry!! I did see some Trevor James ones for sale but I hadn't done a great amount of research on that brand.
I finally got myself a Yamaha one yesterday. I am shocked at how well they keep their value actually. All of the ones I have been looking at have been in excess of £200 second hand :shock: but anyway mine is due to arrive today and I've been looking at some online beginners lessons just to start me off with it. Eeep!! X

Hey Hun, just wondered if you ever did anything with this? Much to my surprise OH bought me a pink flute for my birthday. I'm chuffed to bits with it as I've never had my own new flute before and my 2 old ones aren't b the best nick. I picked up a beginners flute book and was pleased and surprised to find I can still read music well enough to bang out a tune. Here's my shiny new flute

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372853598.154009.jpg

Jayne you best get practicing do we can duet lol.

Pink flute *sniggers*

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Pink flute *sniggers*

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I knew it'd be you. Thought you'd got it out your system by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back