Anyone NOT feeling rib kicks?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I thought I felt my first rib kick, but that's the only time. I haven't felt any other rib kicks at all, or a foot stuck in my ribs like lots of you have described.
I feel plenty of movement, but mainly in my sides & just above my bellybutton.
MW said on thursday that babys head is right down, so I'm not breech. Anyone else not feeling rib kicks or is it just me?! I'm wondering why! x

I've not had loads in ribs but I have been carrying low since the start - are you low too? I wouldn't worry too much about it - from what people have described I think maybe we are the lucky ones!

I'm the same, I have loads of movement but haven't felt anything in the ribs?? Baby seems to prefer the right hand side and MW says head is down.

i've only had a few, and most of those have been while i've been sat or crouched down! i've carried low from the very beginning and he's always been head down at every scan/appointment! i feel loads of movement and most of the kicks are to the right as he likes to lay on his side on my left hand side! x

Consider yourself lucky, I am carrying high and have been getting lots of those, I can assure they are not pleasant at all!

I haven't had any either, I always feel the movements lower down :)

Me neither, at my last scan a cuople of weeks ago the baby's head was down so I'm guessing it can't reach that far??

Hiya, Im 35 weeks and 3 days.

I havent had any rib kicks either and my babies head is also down and has been for a while. The midwife told me that she is in a prosterior position where her back is against my back and therefore i probably wont be getting many kicks to the ribs or spine as i should still be feeling her kicks mainly in my front. I hope she has time to turn around so that the labour will hopefully be a little less complicated however most prosterior babies are still born naturally so i've heard.

Could this be the case with you? or has she said that baby is facing your spine?

Hayley
xx

I was starting to think my baby is really short or something! I guess I'm just carrying low. Thanks girls :) x

I've had nothing at all in my ribs thank goodness as I've heard its uncomfortable, although I have had a 'winded' sensation where it feels like the air is knocked out of my lungs but it doesn't hurt, all my kicks are literally in my groin & pelvic region, or my bladder, any rare ones on my tummy are all below the belly button never any higher so he must be really low down!!!

I was getting loads of kicks in my ribs a while ago... But the last few weeks I've only had maybe 1 or 2. I'm guessing it's from where she's dropped down :) xx

Im not getting rib kicks either....baby head down and has been for weeks now. Babys back is lying fown the right side of my ttummy so most of my movements at at the right or above my belly button. I would not say I'm carrying low either....I feel so full sometimes its like my food is stuck in my throat!! Think we are just lucky :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back