Anyone looking forward a bit to going back to work?

beanster

Reaction score
I'm due to start work in 2 weeks. I work 3 days a week so not too bad. H will be looked after by both sets of grandparents through the week and they will give her everything she needs so no worries there. I love my job, I teach special needs children, and have missed them while I've been on maternity leave. I've done a few keeping in touch days and really enjoyed being back but am starting to feel a bit awful as people keep asking me how I'll cope and how horrid it must be to leave H and come back, but it was good to feel like me again if that makes sense. Anyone else looking forward to going back

well its very early days for me and i'm taking just over a year off but i know i will be ready to go back part time, like you say i will be 'Sarah' for a few hours a week rather than just mummy! i know some people might think that's bad but i dont care, it will make me feel better and in turn will be good for my little man xxx

I cant think of anything worse...the thought fills me with dread.....but thats because I hate my job with a passion haha.....Im looking for a new job so hopefully I dont have to go back to my old 1! haha

s
xx

I am on my second maternity leave. I was lucky and had a year off last time. I went back 3 and half days a week. I was ready to go back and enjoyed working. I work long days and a couple of nights a week wouldnt see my daughter before she went to bed. It may sound awful but I rarely missed her. I enjoyed being her mum for half the week and working the other half. I also enjoyed being able to have a cup of coffee and go to the loo on peace! Our job is to be positive role models and whether that is as a working or stay at home mum. Whatever works best for our families. Weirdly though I am fine leaving my daughter at nursery but really struggle with the thought of not meeting her from school three days a week. Hopefully I won't feel so bad when the time comes! X

I to am looking forward to it in a way miss my work friends and need to feel like Carey once in a while not just mummy !!! think oh is getting to used to b being home and doing it all too !! like to think its settle a good examle to the kids too, although do miss them just dont think i could b a stay at home mummy ! that sounds really bad !!! xxx

Doesn't sound bad to me! I love my time at home with Holly at the moment but think I need to get back to work to feel grown up for a little while too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back