Who is going back to work?

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi!

Just being curious, really :) I am starting in a week on monday and am a bit anxious not to be able to manage it all. i find my day tiring enough without working so i can imagine after a full day of teaching. I am also dreading the fact to leave my little boy all day. I cannot go out without him otherwise i feel guilty to leave him at home and i miss him so a whole day is going to be a nightmare!!! The tidying of the house is hardly done now so i do not want to imagine what it is going to be like.

How did you manage those who went back to work? Cheers

For these reasons I am not going back til Rubie is about 9 or 10 months old. Do you have to go back so soon??

I found it easier going back earlier. There wasnt that separation anxiety and it didnt develop either. I would have found it more difficult to go back after 10 months :oops: but thats just me, Jessica would probably have been fine. I hardly get a second glance now when I go to work, its just accepted by her that im going away but coming back later on. I always tell her where Im going and when I will be back (not sure if she completely gets it :lol: )
As for the housework, you just seem to manage. Dont get me wrong, its hard work but I have been back for a while now and its fine.
The first day back was fine, the second was spent in floods of tears and after that it was fine. I ate what I wanted at lunch and read a book or chiled out. Believe me, work is a break, the real work starts when you get home but home is 100 times more fun :D

i went bck to work in FEB it was so hard but i would never have coped finacially if i hadnt and i dont mean this to sound nasty and i love my lil man more than nething but it is nice having some adult time lol

nope - i gave my notice before christmas. miss work and the banter but my wage is low so once my child care was paid i'd have about 20% of my wage left!!! so am trying to work from home with network marketing

I went back to work part time when Alex was 2 weeks old BUT I work from home so I'm not really separated from him. I start back full time on Monday.

I get the housework done by doing loads of jobs at once. I do bottles, ironing and tea together, I got a dustbuster and do a couple of steps every time I go upstairs (we have 4 flights that take ages to do all at once), bathroom gets done when the older kids are in the bath, kitchen gets done while I'm doing breakfast. More housework gets done now because I know I can't put it off - over Christmas there was always time to do it later, but later never comes.

tracy, you are the woman from the bissell advert!!!
Hats off to you :D

I love my little dustbuster - my mum found it in a charity shop for £2. Its handy for all sorts of things - rice krispies, biscuit crumbs, crisps - it's not powerful enough to suck kids up though. Now there's an idea :think: :wink:

I'm not going back to work, but i am thinking now whether to go for an evening Job.
Like Hypnorm i only worked part time so by the time i have paid for child care there would be no point in me working.

We can comfortably live of OH's wage so there is no need to go back but for my own sanity i think i will find a night job when OH is home to watch the little ones.

i wish my wages were part time - but i worked full time and only earned 14k a year!! and that is before the tax man!!

I'm hoping to go back part time in Feb 07, if the company cannot offer me a part time job then I'll resign and try and get a new part time job.

For me I think going back part time will be ideal as it'll give me some new personal goals at work and some adult conversation that isn't all about babies (as much as I love to talk babies!). Most of my friends are at my work as well but we all live quite far from each other so it will be nice to be back in regular contact with them.

Lucy

I HAD 6MONTHS MATERNITY LEAVE AND WENT BACK 3 MONTHS PREGNANT LOL

DONT THINK I WAS IN THERE GOOD BOOKS...

I am taking 6 months maternity leave and going back to work either full time or dropping a day a week (got to check if we could manage financially!!) We couldn't manage financially if I took any longer off on maternity leave.

I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is going to be going back to work and leaving baby behind :( DH is a fireman and so works shifts, so baby will be with daddy lots of the time and when he is working too, MIL is going to look after it. MIL is a registered childminder and so baby will be around other children too which will be good for it's development but I will defo want to be with it - I am getting upset thinking about this :(

Xxx

Hi lindsey i only had 6months of with Dior but to be honest it was no were near as bad as i thought it would be going back to work i went back 3days a week (tues,weds,thurs) but i was looking forward to it have some adult conversation againDior goes to a registered childminder and i feel very happy to leave her with her, Dior seems happy there x x

but im lucky this time i have got a better job so i get 1yr paid maternity leave :dance:

I'm going back in August (dont want to but have to) :cry: - its either that or sell up lol

L x

dionne said:
I HAD 6MONTHS MATERNITY LEAVE AND WENT BACK 3 MONTHS PREGNANT LOL

Hahaha! I bet they were happy!!

I'm going back in May - Maddie will be 6 months old. BOO HOO HOO!! But I think if I left it any earlier then it would only get harder. Am dreading it in a way - the first nursery I went to visit, I burst into tears - it was sooooo embarrassing.... :oops: But I've come to terms with it more now, so am just trying to make the most of the last bit of time off I have. (and buying those lottery tickets every week of course - you never know... :D )

LBxx

Hi Littlebump - not seen you on here for a while!

I cant believe you Maddie will be 6 months old in May - I remember when you had her!! :shock:

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back