Anyone looked at prams yet?

bunnymom1980

Reaction score
hehe I know it's a bit early but has anyone had a look at prams?

I had a look on Ebay and there seems to be some good bargains, and on the Mamas and Papas website :shock: Jeez they're a bit pricey!

I'm so confused with all the different types, but I'm leaning towards one with a clip on car seat. Does anyone think there's any disadvantages to them?

i love the clip on ones. SO much easier. you can obv turn them round later on as bubs gets older too

lol, for me its a little early, but when i do....i already know which one i want :)
the complete travell system by mamas and papas (the grey polka dot one) im in love with it all!
I might try and get my dad to pay up for it as our gift :)

I have been so so naughty and bought almost everything after my 12w scan... Sterilisers, cot, pram etc... :oops: I couldn't help myself!!

I bought a Mamas & Papas one which fits perfectly into the boot of my KA

(here's a link to the thread I posted about it)

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=64984

Hope that helps!! xxx

millylillyrose said:
lol, for me its a little early, but when i do....i already know which one i want :)
the complete travell system by mamas and papas (the grey polka dot one) im in love with it all!
I might try and get my dad to pay up for it as our gift :)

i have this. it is absolutely wonderful. :D

i love it. it is beautiful, the pattern is not overbearing - its really understated and classy, easy to use, has the one click system which is a godsend, the carrycot is luxurious, the pram seat is lie flat, the carseat is extremely safe, the stand is ever so useful - you can sit the pram seat on it and use it as a chair for baby and im using my carrycot + stand as a bed as the moses basket is too small now. its spacious and amazing, a dream to push and as sturdy as a tank!

they have thought of everything, its a very clever pram. :clap:

although, if you are limited on space it may not be such a wise buy. its very big and there are a lot of parts if you get the full ultima package.

its worth every single penny.

If you are interested in what a lot of people have to say on these sorts of things maybe have a peek in the Ask A Mum section or the Product Review bit. A search of either of these sections should get you a whole heap of reviews and feedback on various buggys and travel systems.

Asking in either of these areas should get you some good feedback from people using things also

:)

dannii, you brought it all ready?? wow thats naughty :wink: , i wish i could convince my husband to allow me to buy stuff :) unfortunatly he's from the US and we're not sure if we'll be moving back in the next few months and i really hope mamas and papas ship to America, i have a stupid need to get that pram, im usually REALLY rational, but here i am not even a tiny bit open to looking, haha
I make my self feel better about it by thinking it'll work for all my future children, so really its and investment.

I really like the Mamas and Papas 03 Sport. I have been drooling over it on their website :lol: We are hopefully going to go and give it a test drive on Sunday providing all goes well after my Friday scan. I haven't seen that anyone on the forum has one though and I've read a few bad reviews so i definitely want to see it before I make up my mind. But I don't like the look of any of the others I've seen advertised!

Keep an eye out on the Mamas and Papas website as they have offers on all the time.

My sister got a Pliko P3 Prametter for £250 in the sale complete with car seat! I've not seen that offer on since though, that was a while ago.

I bought the Silvercross 3D Pram for my son and loved it, will be reusing that. We bought a McClaren XT when he turned 1 as it's lightweight, highly recommend McClaren pushchairs. The inlaws still use the Silvercross pushchair when they look after our LO.

My advice is to really think about what you want out of the puschair i.e. weight, what terrains will you be using it on, do you want baby to face you when it's in the puschair mode (the one we chose faces away from you) etc.....

I'm looking for a twin pram this time.
I do have a twin mclaren buggy, but it's pretty hard to manouver round shops and such, so i'm going to get a tandem pram.

i've had a look round but there isn't many places that have a good range of doubles on display. toys r us and mothercare only had two tandems each and mama's and papa's had NONE!!!

my eldest will be 4 and will just have started school, and my youngest will be about 15 months old. I'll have to walk my eldest to school (only a 5 min walk), but too far for him to walk on his own.

I can't wait to start buying stuff! I'm totally smitten with the polka mamas and papas too, it's so cute!

*Star* said:
I'm looking for a twin pram this time.
I do have a twin mclaren buggy, but it's pretty hard to manouver round shops and such, so i'm going to get a tandem pram.

We looked at the Phil & Ted Sport Buggy. Can be a single or a double. You can add a second seat for 2 sitting upright or have a baby (they do a little carry cot thing) and an upright seat.

No idea if thats the sort of thing you are looking for. I'm going to have another look at it tomorrow as it looks like the one we will be getting now.

I've picked mine out, it's everything i want for £230 it is a front facing pram for ealry days and converts to pushchair when they get older, and comes with the car seat.
Oh and i love travel systems with clip on car seats but your really recommended not to keep baby in them too long as i messes with their back so i will not be pushing him around sat in car seat, thats why i wanted the front facing option.

Danni, jsut read the post about prams for cars with small boots, you dont happen to know if the fiesta boots are as small as the ka's do you?? As that could mean my dream pram is off limits :cry:

I still have mine from my last baby so won't be buying another one. We have the urban detour 3 wheeler travel system from mothercare, which I found to be great and loved it, so will definately be using it again. We also have a maclaren techno classic for a little later on, can highly recommend their buggys, they are so lightweight and practical, you can't get much better. Only things we really have to buy are a new cot, car seat for when the infant carrier gets too small and then clothes - especially if it's a girl, it will be like starting over!

abcd1234 said:
I've picked mine out, it's everything i want for £230 it is a front facing pram for ealry days and converts to pushchair when they get older, and comes with the car seat.
Oh and i love travel systems with clip on car seats but your really recommended not to keep baby in them too long as i messes with their back so i will not be pushing him around sat in car seat, thats why i wanted the front facing option.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.as...erssale/bruspecialofferssalepushchairs/709824

I've got this one, we bought the carrycot attachment to go with it so for short times we can clip the carseat onto the system and for longer trips we can use the carry cot which fits in beautifully. I love this and cannot wait to use it!!! I'd def reccomend it!

abcd1234 said:
Danni, jsut read the post about prams for cars with small boots, you dont happen to know if the fiesta boots are as small as the ka's do you?? As that could mean my dream pram is off limits :cry:

I think they are roughly the same size but I'm not entirely sure :think: I didn't measure mine, just tried them to check if they fit... Sorry I can't help!! xx

agh well looks like im going ot be one of those difficult people asking to have the display model taken to my car lol! I used to work in toys r us so i know its part of their jobs to check everything fits, i just pray it does!! It's the only one i've really liked so far that babies daddy cant complian about (he doesnt want it too fluffy or cute)

abcd1234 said:

The Ford website lists the interior spec as (litres for one, cu m for the other)

Ka

Stowable luggage (litres)‡
4-seat mode 186/210
2-seat mode (laden to roof) 724

Fiesta

3-door
Stowable luggage (cu m)‡
5-seat mode 0.268
2-seat mode (laden to belt line) 0.619
2-seat mode (laden to roof) 0.945

5-door
5-seat mode 0.284
2-seat mode (laden to belt line) 0.613
2-seat mode (laden to roof) 0.947

The Fiesta has a slightly larger boot than a Ka. Ka's are tiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back