Anyone living with parents/in-laws once baby is born?

~*Leanne*~

Reaction score
Just wondering as it is looking like we will still be living with OH's parents when Ruby arrives.

we are looking to find out own house (to buy) at the moment, but even if we found a house tomorrow, the least it would take is 6 weeks - Ruby could be here by then!!!

so it is looking like we will be staying with OH's folks until we do - dad said it took him and my mum 9 months to find a house so im not being too optimistic and think we will probably still be there at Xmas!!!

Just wondered if anyone else is doing the same??

:D

i'll be living with my mum, OH with his mum.
it's really difficult us being apart, but there's no room for him here & i couldn't stand to live with his mother!
i'm only 18, OH & i have been together for just over two years & we were just starting to talk about renting somewhere together, then we went & got pregnant! whoops. i'm unemployed, after quitting college (i would have gotten too far behind, so it makes more sense to go back later) & OH earns minimum wage, so it looks like this is how it's gonna be for a while :(

Im at my mums I moved in at about 30wks as i couldnt fit on my boat anymore through the doorways :rotfl: :shhh: :shakehead: It was only until I had Lily and then to move back to the boat but I didnt really want to move back to the boat and my mum has been amazing. Just having lily while i go o tescos or go have a bath is lurvely. I got the keys to my new place on Friday so I will be moving out but only 2 streets away :shhh: I thought it would be horrible being told what to do all the time etc but Ive really enjoyed it! OH is a farmer and works 7am-10pm 6days a week as wel so Ive been thankfull for the company!

Lily was 7months on sunday so Ive been here a while :lol: :shhh:

We lived with OH parents when daughter was born. There were good bits and bad bits. The only thing i didnt enjoy was having to go and sit in the bedroom by mysef while i was trying to BF or express milk. Was pretty lonely which is another reason why i dont think i was very successful with BF.
I remember one particular day when Mr A took daughter downstairs with him in the morning and i slept till lunch time none the wiser. She had so much attention and fun with the rest of the family that she didnt cry once so i slept on in blissful peace!!!!

Hi ya,
we are living with my in laws. We would like to buy a house but with the market at the moment we are waiting.My in laws were living in a 4 bedroom house on their own and were finding it quite lonely and we were thinking about moving to somewhere bigger so they asked if we wanted to move in with them for a bit. So there will be the 4 of us here with the 2 of them once baby is here. Yeah it can be hard, but they are fantastic with Rhys and it will be a great help with the new baby too. Sometimes I feel like there is a bit of interfering but MIL is like that anyway so we just let her think we are listening. overall it has been good so far.

xxxx

We will hopefully be in our new house 20th of september :D

Me and OH are with the council but going private and there helping with the Deposit etc.

Just got wait to see if i have been able get maternity alowence then off we go. Landlord is holding on to the house

I still live with my Mum... Hoping to have my own place around Xmas time :) xx

I was with my mum when Fi was born and for a month or so afterwards, we could have stayed for as long as we wanted but we found a nice place to rent. It was really nice having help and support and i'm glad i didn't need to think about housework or washing for the first couple of weeks, made it easier for me!

But i do like having my own space now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back