anyone know the procedure for early pre-eclampsia

elisesmum

Reaction score
so i have just had my midwifes appointment and told her about my sickness occuring again, dizziness my severe headaches and my blurred vision, so she started going on about pre-e and then checked my blood pressure which was higher than usual but luckily no protien in wee, but if it carries on i have to be checked again in 2/3 weeks to check if there is any protein in wee and then check again at 24 weeks so i know the procedures in late pregnancy but i was wondering what happens if you are diagnosed before 24 weeks and if your over v-day are they likely to be induced straight away or kept in hosp until as late as possible, i know its very unlikely to happen but i am curious more than anything as you here it happening mostly from about 32/34 weeks xx

I don't know but now I'm worried?! I've been getting bad headaches, dizziness on and off and my sickness has returned. I've had protein in samples for weeks too but luckily my blood pressure is good, so I don't know if that rules me out or not??sorry to intrude on your thread, I hope you're ok! Xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I think one of the main things is the high blood pressure as well as the protein in the wee, the blood pressure aswell as the headaches and blurred vision were the only reason she wanted to check if it was in my wee so i think its only a sign of pre-e with the high blood pressure,she said headaches are very common in pregnancy too sorry if i worried you x

It's ok I worry about everything anyway lol! That's ok then, my blood pressure was high before but is fine now. Hope you stay good too! Xxxx

They'll keep you in until as late as possible and it's absolutely necessary for you or baby's health that baby is delivered.
I suffered pre-e quite severely with my first so I was fully armed with info when I fell pregnant with my second.
Basically there are drugs and things you can have to reduce the blood pressure but unfortunately the only 'cure' is to deliver baby.
Keep an eye on things. If your symptoms get any worse please go back to the midwife right away. Good luck, hope it's just another pregnancy joy and not anything more serious xx
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

few weeks ago they were considering hospitalizing me because i have pre existing high bp ive had small amounts of protein in my urine since the start but i also had an increase of urates in my blood which can be an indicator of pre-e starting.
im glad to say that 3 days later my bp came down a bit and my blood test was back to normal,so ive managed to stay out of hosp
pre-e can start at 24 weeks although its not that common but they would take u into hosp and give u medications to control it rather than induce at an early stage.
I posted about this on another forum a few weeks back and several women who had had early pre-e went to to deliver normally close to their due date dates so that really put my mind at rest.

I was worried about this last night as I have to test my own wee and my dip test detected protein in it, I got dizzy spells a few times yesterday, have had blurred vision but my bp was low last night.
Had my mw appt today and bp was back to normal and only trace protein was in my wee. She said it was due to my anemia.

I foolishly googled last night and of course, pre-eclampsia was the first thing that came up!
Very scary! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back