Anyone know a good cure for..............

Alicebabe

Reaction score
...snoring?

My OH snores like a pneumatic drill and it drives me insane!

So far we have tried:

Strips across his nose
Spray down his throat
Magnetic clip up his nose
A special watch thing that gives you a shock when you snore
Sleeping in different positions (including downstairs on the couch!)

Any other suggestions?!

Get used to it lol. OH snores sometimes, i just kick his feet and he stops.

usually rolling them on their side when they snore is meant to help.. i think you can get that ear thearapy thing for it...when they put pins in your ear like acupuncture..

lol though you guys have tried most things known to man!!

cas xx

...a pillow over the face perhaps??

My ex snored something rotten, but my OH hardly snores thank god.

Phil snores like HELL unless he sleeps on his stomach with his face just slightly to the side.

If my OH snores I tend to punch him in the side until he wakes up lol
Then the git wakes up, says sorry then goes back to sleep snoring again.

If you find something that works let me know :D

my mum and dad are terrible snorers lol one min one is going the next the other is lol wen ew goi camping we alway have people commenting on them lol

Hit him.... :lol: Matt snores if he's on his back.

I remember near the end of my pregnancy I'd wake myself up with my snoring :lol: :oops:

My husband, father and father in law all snore. I'm told I do too but in a much softer and more genteel way than OH!

So - I kick him on the ankle, say you're snoring, he says sorry, changes position and goes back to sleep. And starts grinding his teeth instead. He's broken several already.
Me, I'd rather hear him snore.

Seriously though my Dad suffers from apnoea and was told to wear this Silent night ring...you know the silver one with the little knob on the inside that puts pressure on a pressure point. It's pricey but he says it works. Mind you, Dad sleeps alone so how he knows it works is he feels better in the morning.

http://www.silentknightring.com/index.p ... nsanswered

My FIL says he thought his one worked too but only for a while.

Sue

Alicebabe said:
...snoring?

My OH snores like a pneumatic drill and it drives me insane!

So far we have tried:

Strips across his nose
Spray down his throat
Magnetic clip up his nose
A special watch thing that gives you a shock when you snore
Sleeping in different positions (including downstairs on the couch!)

Any other suggestions?!

avoidsleeping on the back. To avoid this place tennis balls on your back securing them with a bandage around your torso. Then you can't lay on the back coz its too uncomfy.

Thanks for the tips everyone! Unfortunately, he snores in any position, stomach, side etc and I am constantly kicking him. It does make him stop but only for a while! Keep em coming tho..........

when he opens his moutrh when he snores poke a spoon in his mouth and he'll wake up thinking hes choking! It doesn't cure it but its so funny! its the ultimate revenge! :rotfl:

i snore really badly :shock: :oops:

my thoer half holds my nose to wake me up lol

OMG I cant stand people who snore

Ages ago my mate stayed at mine and he was snoring his head off

So i stuck a sock in his mouth and that soon shut the noise off

:lol:

a quick elbow jab in the ribs usually stops my o/h at least for long enough for me to drop off lol xxxxxxxxx

I don't know if OH has always snored, or if it's my light sleeping that's making me notice it more, but I can't sleep at all when we sleep in the same room. :( He's took to sleeping on the sofa so I have more room to get comfie, but about once a week he'll come to bed and I'll have the worse nights sleep ever. If I punch, kick or jab him to stop him snoring, he wakes up and swears, shouts and is really nasty to me. He will swear that he wasn't even asleep and I was in fact the one snoring and was keeping him awake!!!! :shock:

Oh, and Alice, he also snores in any position. :evil:

Sorry, no advise, but I just wanted to sympathise and letyou know you are not on your own. I'm already panicking about what we are going to do when LO arrives. He'll obviously be in our room for a while, and DH will have come back to bed as I won't be so big, so I can't see me getting any sleep! :(

tankett said:
If I punch, kick or jab him to stop him snoring, he wakes up and swears, shouts and is really nasty to me. He will swear that he wasn't even asleep and I was in fact the one snoring and was keeping him awake!!!!

Lol Tankett, thats exactly what happens in our house too!

That has made me feel so much better - I thought I just had a grumpy hubbie!!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back