Anyone had the glucose test? and other symptoms

Skysara

Reaction score
Well I had my blood pressure done today and it was high, I told her about my tiredness swollen ankles and salty taste/thirst so Ive got to do the glucose test and urine on Friday, have blood pressure done again tomorrow, so now Im all worried about preeclampsia but shes saying its just to be sure. :eh:

Don't worry hun i'm sure you'll be perfectly fine =) X

I had the glucose test this morning, took a blood prick sample, then vials of blood, had to drink a glucose drink over 3/5 mins then sit there for two hours then have more blood taken.. (god i was bored) get the results tomorrow, wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything from midnight before test

I'd take it with a pinch of salt hun. I told my midwife I was thirsty (i was drinking loads) and she booked me in for a GTT, I got my results back and everything was completely normal.

Saying this, that was my only symptom. The worst thing you can do is worry about it though. I know pre-eclampsia is a serious condition but I think midwives and gp's are too quick to mention it and put it in your head tbh.

Go have your test and just relax hun :hugs: I'm sure you're going to be fine. Even if it is the wrost case scenario, there is plenty of methods to get you well again :)

x x x

I'm sure it's fine I wouldn't worry. Tiredness, thirst and swelling are all common anyway.

Hmm well I saw the consultant today as bp was still up and he's going to monitor me twice a week to be on the safe side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back