When to be worried about swelling? *UPDATED BEEN 2 DOCS*

happy-chick

Reaction score
My ankles & feet are very swollen, they have been slightly swollen at night for a few weeks but today they are loads worse than they have been. Ive been sat with them in cool water, elevated etc but nothing has helped, when i walk my ankles feel like they are full of water cos they are that swollen.

I know swelling is normal but just not sure how much swelling is normal, when do I need to contact someone about it if at all?

Ive also had severe headache for a few weeks that wont seem to shift and dots in my eyes but was checked out at hosp last week and they put it down to a virus as BP & urine was ok. Since then however my MW said my blood pressure was high at my last visit (130/85), does this effect things?

My fingers are slightly swollen too but nowhere near as bad as my ankles & feet.

Any help / advise is much appreciated :)

i always think, if in doubt get it checked out (oo that almost rhymes!!).

im not sure, but i know that there would always be a little voice in the back of my head reminding me about it until i had heard from an expert saying it was nothing to worry about.

:hug: :hug:

Like Sam said it might well be nothing but I would try and get your BP and urine checked today just to put your mind at rest over the next few days :hug:

Are you not so ready for LO to arrive now? I would be quite happy to pop any time soon now.......

I have a docs appointment at 10:40, hopefully all will be ok and it just normal preggo swelling :D its gone down a little this morning as ive been lay down obv.

did they check the protein in ur urine when they took ur blood pressure?

i think its only when theres an abnormal amount tht they worry, i would get it checked though, ur classed as full term so if they did find protein theyt wud probably keep in for checks and if LO needed to be delivered early he/she wud be fine. i've just had a baby girl 8 weeks early due to pre eclampsia, she was absolutely fine in there and shes doing really well now. i however am still ill so please get it checked!

:hug: sorry if i've worried u i just think its better to be safe than sorry x x

*edit* also ur bp is not extremely high...mine was 180/110 when they took me into hospital and remains at about 130/80 to 140/90 now which is just about acceptable

Ive had terrible swelling the past few days hun... and was starting to worry over my bp... but it was 112/75 which is high for me.. but its not "high"... basically its got to the point with my hands that my knuckles have disappeared... and its painful to move my fingers... and my feet have swollen beyond the point of being able to put shoes on or move my toes...

I've spoken to my GP and she seems to think its all normal preggo things, but if I'm worried to chat to my midwife.. ( :roll: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: have explained the mw situation to her)..

Can't suggest anything really... but if you find out what the problem is let me know too :)

Been to docs and BP is back down :dance: but I have protein in my urine. Basically I dont have pre-ec but doc has said I have alot of the signs for it and they cant rule it out so I need to go straight to hosp if swelling/headache/blurred vision gets worse or I feel at all unwell to get checked just incase.

He has also said that I am to have complete bed rest and not move apart from to go to loo and eat... sounds like fun eh?! :roll:

I spoke to him about feeing depressed etc (I have a history of depression) and he has said to go and see him 1 week after baby is born to see how im doing then as I didnt want to go on anti depressants yet. So we will see after she's born and possibly will go on a short course of anti deps to ensure that I dont get PND.

Ooo at least it's good news :)

My mum keeps telling me to rest but you try doing that with a hyper 8 year old the day before xmas.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Glad you got on ok at docs :hug:

What were your plans tomorrow anyway?

fothers said:
Glad you got on ok at docs :hug:

What were your plans tomorrow anyway?

Not alot, just going to hubby m&d's for dinner then up to my m&d's, to the pub for an hour then to a friends later... they will all be waiting on me anyway so sure ill be ok :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back