Had GT test yesterday.....so easy!

Welshy1

Reaction score
Had the glucose tolerance test yesterday and was surprised at how OK it was.

Have heard horror stories about the drink but it was perfectly fine.

Fasted from 10pm the night before and went to hospital at 9.00 am. Had to give both water and blood samples before drinking a supposed orange (but tasted of lemon and lime) glucose drink which did taste very sweet, was given 10mins to drink it so didn't have to gulp it down. Sat in waiting room for two hours (not even allowed to walk to hospital shop as calories burnt will affect the test results) and asked to drink a further four glasses of plain water.

Once two hours were up I provided another water and blood sample and then went to the hospital cafe and stuffed my face!!! :lol:

One piece of advice I'd give is bring a book! Thank the lord I had my wordsearch book with me!

Glad it went ok for u, when do you get the results?

I have a scan and consultant appt this afternoon so will get the results then.

xx

Please say u were allowed to wee!

Ha ha, yes you were until 30mins before the test time was up!

My MW forgot about me so I overran slightly, was literally rocking back and forth on my chair when she finally remembered me! :)

xx

They tell u if ur having the test don't they? I have a mystery hospital appt tomorrow

Yeah, they'll need to tell you as your only allowed plain water from 10pm the night before.

If you've had anything else to drink/eat it'll affect the test results.

xx

I had mine yesterday too!! i didnt have to wee tho just blood and it was lucozade which apparently my hospital use now as people were puking up the glucose stuff!! Lol!! I had to drink it while the lady watched which kinda put me under pressure!! Lol!!!
Dunno if you found this tho hun but my little baby went crazy for the rest of the day!! Lol!!
xxxx

Oh yes, LO was on a sugar high for hours!

The glucose drink was changed recently at our hospital thank god and this one was easy to drink!

xx

Was relieved to be honest mind you, lucozade is fizzy so very hard to drink quickly!! Felt sick for quite a while!! Lol!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back