Anyone had a urinary catheter?

Sprout

Reaction score
Hi there,

I had my little girl 9 days ago - unfortunately I had a hemorrhage so I had to have a drip and therefore had a urinary catheter put in for about 12 hours.

The problem is, my urethra is still sore...it's not sore to pee and I don't think I have a UTI, it just feels like you'd expect it to after having a tube shoved in it (blech!). I just thought it would have felt normal by now?

Would love to know how long it took anyone else who had a catheter to feel normal again?!

Thanks!

I had one and don't remember having any soreness afterwards - might be worth speaking to your midwife/health visitor about it?

I had one for 48 hours and didn't have any soreness afterwards either hun xxx

I had one for 48 hours with my first and 24 with my second and don't remember any soreness. Probably worth asking your HV about it.

I had one and wasn't sore either, so definitely worth asking.

Thanks ladies. I asked my midwife and she said to give it three weeks :( and then see the gp if it's still bothering me.

Mine felt a bit sore too for a few days when I did wee. It didnt hurt but just sore

xx

Mine was sore when they took it out but didnt notice it after that (although was on pain killers so this may have been why). It could be a little infection perhaps, i wouldnt leave it too long before getting advice from gp as these things are best treated early . X

I wouldnt listen to midwife if i were u, i had 3 different midwive and a health visitor check my episiotomy wound and tear and say it was fine and by the time i went to my gp a few days later i was sent straight to hospital and booke in for an op the following day due to massive infection!

I have heared of other people being sore for a while after. I think it partly depends on how skilled the person fitting it was and how sensitive youare. If it keeps bothering you or gets worse it might be good to ask again though.

I was sore after but it never even occurred to me it could be down to the catheter! Explains a lot. I was sore for about 2 weeks, especially when I did a wee x

Hi I had a catheter put in for my c-sec 9 days ago.. It still hurts from time to time when I wee.. Not unbearable pain, just a little uncomfortable for a sec or two then it's gone... I'd check with gp if it's really painful .

I had one for two weeks and I am 8 weeks pp and still slightly sore. If ur still sore talk to you doc and make sure you don't have an infection

MamaUK - Two weeks?! You poor thing!! I'm glad to say at 6 weeks postpartum things are finally feeling pretty normal at last. Stitches still have some healing to do though..

I'm glad things are getting sorted, ive had 7 catheters over the years from 5 sections and 2 ops , one of those was put in badley I believe as I had toilet troubles and soreness for about 5-6 weeks after , totally normal now , think you were just unluckythat time too, normally it would only feel odd for a day of so on removal x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back