Anyone had a gestational diabetes test?

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
And can tell me what it entails?

I know i have to fast from 12 tonight but i was wondering how long i can expect to be at the hospital as I know i have to wait in between blood tests and to drink me drink but i dont know how long and i wondered should i be taking a pile of magazines with me and stuff?

Cheers!

yeah i've had it with both my last two pregnancies as my dad was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes after benjamin was born.

i had to fast from midnight. i had a blood test when i first got there about 8:30am. i then had the drink, and some water to wash it down with. with our hospital you are not allowed to leave the waiting room until you have the 2nd blood test 3 hours later.

mainly because if you have a funny turn with the amount of sugar in you and all that. so they want to keep an eye on you.
i took a book with me. luckily a friend of mine who is a midwife was working on the day unit, and it was a quiet morning, so i chatted to her most of the time.

they also say not to go walking around as you need to rest during the 3 hours. im not sure why though. i *think* it's so that the body reacts to the sugar without being under stress.

thanks lovely thats ace :hug: :hug: Hopefully mum will be coming with me to keep me company if not i will take a book :D

oh i knew i wrote a reply to it!

ill look dumb on your other post now lol

I had to fast from 8pm then had first blood test and a urine sample at 0845am, i then had to drink a bottle of lucozade i was then allowed home as long as i just sat around and then went back 2 hours later for the second blood test and urine sample!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back