anyone else get moments of sheer terror ?

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
trying to be positive but sometimes when people talk about their labour
experiences it is nothing but

sheer terror !

I keep on thinking of the reward at the end and that keeps me going....

anyone else?

xxx

Nope :) because I have done it three times - it hurts like nothing you can imagine but then the hurt is GONE - babe is in your arms and all is forgotten - each time I have left the delivery suite to go to the postnatal ward I have called out 'see you next year' as you really do forget that quickly - it really is worth it :)

Nope

But then I haven't had 5 minutes to actually sit down and consider what will be happening soon.

Give me a week and I might be crapping myself

No - and that really worries me. I think once labour starts I'll realise what I'm in for and panic a bit. I just want it to be over - I'm fed up being in pain and pregnant. But remember, pain is a very different thing to remember. If you remember something happy or sad you feel a bit happy or sad. But if you remember something painful there's no pain.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

a little bit of terror creeps in but generally i'm a bit excited! I think it'll be great to have the experience of birth as i don't think it's something you can understand until you go through it.

Just remember that no one ever says it wasn't worth it!

:shock: i don't want to do it.

am absolutely petrified of the pain- the only thing keeping me sane is the thought of an epidural, which is completely pathetic. :oops:

Not not terror. Not even panicked. Sometimes nervous, but in a good way. I don't mind the thought of the pain, even though I am sure it will be far worse than I imagine. I'm at the moment, strangely ok with it all. I'm looking forward to it and trying to keep positive about the whole thing. Focusing on the goalposts and not moving them or taking my eye off them.

My terror occurs when I think of being in hospital for birth, induction and medical intervention :lol: I know in a genuine emergency I'd be ok with it all, but otherwise *shivers* I don't want to go near one :roll: :lol:

Bee said:
Nope

But then I haven't had 5 minutes to actually sit down and consider what will be happening soon.

Give me a week and I might be crapping myself

Awwww :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Who is your birth partner? I don't recall if you have one or not. Hopefully someone you are close to and who'll be a brick for you.

Sherlock said:
Not not terror. Not even panicked. Sometimes nervous, but in a good way. I don't mind the thought of the pain, even though I am sure it will be far worse than I imagine. I'm at the moment, strangely ok with it all. I'm looking forward to it and trying to keep positive about the whole thing. Focusing on the goalposts and not moving them or taking my eye off them.

My terror occurs when I think of being in hospital for birth, induction and medical intervention :lol: I know in a genuine emergency I'd be ok with it all, but otherwise *shivers* I don't want to go near one :roll: :lol:

Yup, all my fears are about hospitals and my OH being sent home and me being left alone... ahhh. Yuck.

But otherwise i keep thinking about my little girl and i don't care what i have to go through to get her (though the least pain the better!)

Ginnymarie said:
trying to be positive but sometimes when people talk about their labour
experiences it is nothing but

sheer terror !

every now and then, I have a moment of panic/ terror... and then I just eat something, or do something to take my mind off it... not thinking about it helps me :lol:

I know its gonna hurt, and that nothing will prepare me for the pain.... but... we're kinda stuck with it now :)

eat chocolate... it helps me :cheer:

xx

I feel ok about it, I think having gone through it before helps as there's no fear of the unknown.
It's true what Nikki said about the pain vanishing instantly, it is like someone turns off a switch and the pain is replaced with the best moment in your entire life :D

I did get a bit scared when some painful BH's woke me up last night and reminded me what contractions feel like, but I think that was more because they woke me up and took me by surprise.

I am dying for labour to start now, and even last night I was disappointment when the painful BH's stopped!

ive had 5 minutes of sheer terror then hubby told me to pull myself together i will be fine im just having a baby it will be over before i know it :)
manda xx

I can honestly say I am not scared. I was, months ago, but after lots of preparation, hypnobirthing and relaxation I feel ready for this. I just want to meet my baby.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: lots of hugs for everyone who does feel scared though. try not to worry. Child birth is a natural phenomena and the outcome is most certainly worth it. :hug: :hug: :hug:

That's what I keep telling myself, women have been doing this for thousands of years without any pain relief.
At least we've got the epidural to fall back on :D

Im excited a bit nervous because i know its going to be worse than im expecting but i cant wait. I want to meet my baby now so i feel like im ready. I know if i go into labour though i will probaly panic at first until i get a grip on the situation.

I am fine about it...I know it's gonna really hurt, prob more than I can imagine, but at the moment I am ok wth it. I am actually quite excited cos i know i'll have my baby at the end of it, but.....I do have 9 weeks to go!!!
I'm sure the closer it gets the more nervous people get...I really hope I stay ok with it all tho!! :D

Ive had a few moments of panic and terror but not anymore, even though my hopes for a homebirth have been well and truly wee'd on. I am not looking forward to hospital but Ive talked myself into being ok with it, I get my baby and thats all that matters :D I will however have a complete freak out if OH is sent home and Im left there alone....the hospital will regret doing that I can tell you :?

hi
thanks guys

you are right, it is a very natural thing and yes

thank the lord for epidurals :)

and yes we will meet our little ones and all the pain will be worth it
x

just try not to think about it!!! i know its easy to say. but when its happening its like you're in a different dimension anyway, then you snap back to a pain free reality as soon as the baby's out :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back