anyone else get moments of sheer terror ?

I know its probably the most painful thing a woman has to endure, but I seem to have this naive approach that its all perfectly natural and our bodies were designed to do it and it is hard work but will be worth it.

Although I do have nearly 12 weeks to go still - I may have a bit of a freak out nearer the time :D

YEP i had this feeling yesterday

i had this overwhelming s***im going to have to give birth :shock: oh im not going to be able to manage the pain. :?
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
then Collier wiggled inside of me and all was wondeful with the world agian :cheer: :hug:
im sure the dread will return
i too just keep thinking its worth it as i'll have my sweet baby in my arms

sarah :wave:

Now girls, you can all stop worrying :hug:

I am the biggest baby when it comes to pain and yes labour does hurt, but for me only really in the last stages. By the time it really, really hurts it's almost over...the reward is AMAZING!

I want to do it all again next year if my body allows it :wink: :D

As above really, but I just wanted to add that my labour went very pear shaped at the end and the pain was incredible but once I had my gorgeous baby with me, it just didnt matter!
If I had known beforehand that I would have the delivery I ended up with I would have been horrified, but once you are in labour all the medical intervention in the world doesnt matter, you just want that baby out safely!

So dont worry, what will be will be, just take each stage of your labour as it comes and focus on that end result, its soooooooooo worth it!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

i didnt think the end bit hurt too much, i found that bit exciting! it was the contractions that were worst for me!

its probably best if you tell yourself the contractions are the worst bit because then you wont be terrified of it getting worse ...

I am getting more like

I want baby out as the pain and discomfort of pregnancy is pretty bad...

thanks for all your responses

gymbabe liz.....do you think how fit you kept throughout made your labour quicker/easier....did you use the ball, lots of kegals etc....I have tried to keep fit but it is becoming hard to walk and to do anything without braxton hicks or getting too sore
x

I'm starting to get terrified. Only I'm not worried about actually giving birth, I'm worried about what it will be like afterwards. I know labor will be painful, but I know it will end eventually and I'll have my beautiful baby boy! I'm more worried about tearing really bad (or even just a little) and how long it will take to heal. I guess I've just heard too many horror stories. I'm also worried about piles because I already have them :oops: and I'm sure labor will make them worse.

I've really been thinking about this the last week or so because I'm such a big baby with pain!

Ginnymarie said:
gymbabe liz.....do you think how fit you kept throughout made your labour quicker/easier....did you use the ball, lots of kegals etc....I have tried to keep fit but it is becoming hard to walk and to do anything without braxton hicks or getting too sore
x

i think how fit i started at is definitely relevant....i didnt use a ball as i couldnt see what possible benefit it could have to my core strength (thats not to say i dont think they have benefit for 'normal' people), i didnt do kegels cos i couldnt be bothered lol

i didnt keep training all the way to the end cos like you it just got pointless and uncomfortable. But the midwife said the whole ease of pregnancy /labour was due to my fitness

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back