Anyone else’s baby smaller than 6lbs at full term? <33

Katie92

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I had my first born last January, he’s nearly one and is perfect! He weighed 5lbs 11oz at 39+6, so tiny! We also had to stay in hospital for a week due to him getting an infection post birth and because he was small. There was meconium staining in my waters, so my birth became high risk, however he quickly recovered and gained weight. Just wondering whether anyone else has had a similar experience or has had a baby full term who was small for gestational age? I had no other problems otherwise just a few growth scans but nothing concerning.. I’m only asking we would like another baby in the future and wondering whether I need to be closely monitored towards the end.. I was also a small baby, so maybe he takes after me :)) he’s now 21lbs 9oz and nearly walking! He’s a perfect happy soul!

Katie
Xxxxx

My son was 6lb 2 at 40+2. So not quite as small as yours, but dinky. He's just had his 27m check and is 75th centile for height and weight - so he caught up!! My midwife said if we went back 40yrs that sort of birth weight was much more normal and that I hadn't done anything wrong. Pregnant again so we'll see how this one turns out!

This is an old post. But just thought I would message and update and say I now understand why my DS was small. I had low pappa. Discovered when pregnant with my 2nd baby. If anyone has any questions about it feel free to message me!

Katie xx

Congratulations on your little one's progress! It's not uncommon for babies to be small at birth and then catch up in weight and development. Many factors can influence a baby's size. It's a good idea to discuss your concerns with your healthcare provider when planning for another baby. They can provide guidance on monitoring and any necessary precautions based on your unique situation. Enjoy your time with your little one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back