Pre term baby

hedgehog2000

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had a pre term baby. My daughter was born last week at 34 weeks and in in the NICU. She is generally ok, but I was just wondering about other peoples expereinces and how your babies are now.

both my babies were born at 35weeks and both were fine they came straight out of hospital when i did, Dior weighed 5lb 5oz and Harley weighed 6lb.

bot are fine now, Dior was a bit slow with smiling ect but you would never no now :)

i think it all depends on weights and stuff.
Dionne you were lucky yours were average weights at birth.
What did your baby weigh hedgehog?

My son was born at 34 weeks. They have very little wrong with them at this gestation, their main concerns is keeping their temps up, etc.

Damein does have reflux and apnoea but otherwise is fine and is generally on track as babies the same age as him (born on time) although he has only just caught up. But then babies develop different anyway.

Let me know if you need anymore advice.

What weight was she babe? x

she was 4lb 11- a giant compared to some of the babies she is with!

aww same as my nephew! Its a good weight really. i think she'll only be in until she fattens up a little.
:) Is she breathing unaided?

That's a really good weight hun, my Damine was 5lb 13oz :shock: big fat bubba! 4lb - 4lb 7oz is apparently about normal fvor a 34 weeker.

Have they said when she might be out yet? x

I was born at 34 weeks 30 years ago and spent 6 weeks incubated in the SCBU.

Aside from a kidney reflux which has caused a few problems I'm perfectly healthy and never suffered at school or developmentally.

That was such a long time ago (I'm gettting old!) and quality of care gets better all the time.

Good luck with your baby and keep us posted xx

PS I was 4lb 11 too!

Thanks everyone. She is breathing unaided and they have said they will work towards her normal due date of the 22/8 as her home coming.

Hi, my son was born at 35 weeks weighing 5lb 12oz.

He was fine except for he wouldnt suck properly off the breast coz he got too tired but other than that he was great.

We had to stay in hospital for 5 days to make sure he was feeding properly.

Rachel xx

Glad she is doing well hedgehog. Keep us updated, and if you need anything, give me a shout x x

My son was born at 35 weeks and weighed 5lb 3oz.

My experience was the same as many on here, Isaac wouldn't feed well due to lack of sucking reflex and tiredness, which led to jaundice and a stint in neo-natal.

Now, nearly 7 weeks later he's thriving and making up for those early weeks. He's filled out lovely and enjoys his feeds.

Abi was born at 35 weeks and spent 10days in SCBU with a feeding tube in and having phototherapy as she was really badly jaundiced from the birth, she came home with her feeding tubes in but 2 days later wee taken out, she is now 10 months old and is really healthy and does the things any other 10 month old would, maybe more, she was bigger than other babies her age at clinic :) hope all goes well x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back