Anyone conceived with PCOS??

BabyBlues

Reaction score
Hiya Girls,

I am due to start my first cycle of clomid on CD3, that is, once AF finally arrives and I can get to CD3! Have any of you been on Clomid? I have a question or 2....

My gyno has told me that on CD12 or 13 I have to see her again so that she can have a look at my ovaries and see what they are doing. What will happen after that though, will she then tell me which days DH and I should BD? Know that I will find out the answer to this on my next visit, but am curious now.

Also, how successful is it, of course taking into account that every woman is different?

I only found out 3 days ago that I have PCOS and I am taking duphaston to bring on AF and Glucophage Metformin. Is this the same for all PCOS sufferers?

Thanks for any help...being new to this I am pretty clueless!

Hello,

i found out i have PCOS in jan this year. Me and my partner decided to try the natural way as long as possible and brought loads of ovulation sticks. We have been very lucky and got pregnant in March after a year of trying before we found out about the PCOS.

I know that if you are on treatment you have been having problems but I hope things work out well for you.

I believe that the reason things worked once we found out about the PCOS is because we finally knew what had been causing the problems. I think it relaxed us to know that there were things we could do and we were getting the help we needed.

Half our problem was that we knew there was something wrong but the health care system make you wait so long before they will even investigate. This made us tense and made things harder.

hi hun i have PCOS and im pregnant with my 3rd baby :hug:

hope it happens for u soon hun :hug:

I have PCOS and conceived after trying IUI. I had 13 cycles of Clomid and ovarian drilling before trying IUI. They should scan you at 12 days (I think, it's been a long time) to check if you have a big enough follicle and whether you will ovulate. If it's big enough then get BD :lol: .

Have at look at this for more specific info on PCOS, the forum is very helpful.
http://www.verity-pcos.org.uk/

hi hon

i've got PCOS. we conceived about a fortnight after i started on metformin :shock: :) we hadn't been properly trying, but we hadn't been preventing things for about 8 months.

i don't know how much you know about PCOS if you've only just been diagnosed? diet is VERY important for sufferers - you should be eating a strict low GI diet - there are lots of good recipe books out there and it isn't so hard once you get used to it. there are also a lot of herbal supplements that are good to take depending on your symptoms; again there is a lot of good advice in books and on the net.

good luck :D :D

:wave: I have just posted my story in the TTC section re: PCOS. I took Metformin for 2 months and managed to get pregnant. Metformin is the best thing every. Best of luck hun x

i had / have it , i also had a tumour / large dermoid cyst and this was removed before i was to start metforum but concieved 6 weeks after surgery lol

I have PCOS. My levels were reeeeally off. I haven't tested them for ages but my endocrinologist said it was pretty severe. I was still only offered Dianette, though. My insulin was a little off, but not too bad. Anyway, I stopped taking Dianette about a year before we started to try to conceive. We decided to start trying in October and just see what would happen without medication... I had a baby ten months later! We hadn't even tried very many times, either. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back