anyone been shopping for prams?

meandthebump

Reaction score
OMG how hard is it trying to choose a pram/pushchair? I was staying with my parents over Christmas and we went shopping for a pram. Before going i was convinced that i wanted a 3-wheeler all terrain type as we have dogs so i wanted to be able to go offroading. But then i saw the size of the all terrain ones :shock: I am only 5'1" and am a real weakling - i could barely lift most of the pushchairs so i don't think i'd be able to lift them into the boot of the car. If i was stronger it would be no problem but i don't want to spend hundreds on a pram that i'd soon get fed of hefting around.

So now i'm thinking that i'll get something a more normal size but hopefully sturdy enough to walk the dogs along the seafront. My DH said he will carry the baby in a backack (when its old enough) to go on more adventurous walks.

Is anyone else struggling with the size of pushchairs?

I am going to look at some today although there just doesn't seem to be any thing that ticks all the boxes! I will spend more on one if it meets our needs but only if it lasts all the way through and many reviews seem to report snug fits before children are two. I need to be able to get in in my boot (a mondeo so not too difficult), on and off buses as I might not have the car everyday, be able to get it up steps (i have about 20 leading to my front door!) and that wont be too small by the time they are 2.

The maclaren xlr seems to tick the most boxes at the mo, and its cheap, but I do fancy having one that can be a pram as well.

Grrrr!

After looking at what seems like every pram in the world, my current favourite is the Silver Cross 3D.
http://www.mothercare.com/Silver-Cross- ... 1&mcb=core
It's reduced in Mothercare at the moment. I like that it is a pram for a baby and then turns into a pushchair. Also you can slot the car seat onto it.

I also like the Quinny Buzz but its a bit bulkier. The woman in Mothercare had a good point about the Buzz carrycot too as its one of the solid types. Where would you store it or fit it in the car? The Silver Cross one has a squashy pram attachment so is easier to transport. The easier it is the more use i think i'll get out of it.

Good luck in your shopping. Let me know how you get on!

My MiL just bought us this one Phil and Ted's Sport It came to just over £300 with the newborn cocoon. It seems to be a nice all rounder. It's height was fine for me I'm just under 5'1" and seems manoeverable enough to get on the metro and buses, don't have a car. We avoided the Silver Cross one as it would be far too small for the OH to push.

Can't wait for it to be delivered, going to fish out my old doll and play :D :D

ummmm i would of had issues getting pram however i was offered a exelent pram for £50 it's great i'll get some more pics of it :D

Aaah I love the Phil and Ted's Potbellijo, such a fabulous pram and you can use it with your second baby too as you can buy a doubles kit for it. That is a really amazing price too. Wish I'd got one of those with my daughter instead of the bugaboo chameleon. Am hoping that she will be happy enough on the buggyboard by the time our second baby comes along as she'll nearly be 3 then.

I really had to hold back my MiL on buying the doubles kit. I know I'd like more pixies but the first one isn't here yet :D I can't stop oggling the Phil and Ted's website now for all the accessories I want :lol:

We brought our pram at the begining of December as it was on offer at Kiddicare... £555 down to £300 :shock: so we got it while we could :D Its a Silvercross Freeway Linear... it faces towards Mum as a pram and pushchair and came with the ventura car seat to use as a travel system. The only problem is that the Ventura doesn't have an autobase for the car and so strapping it in and getting it out is a LOT of hardwork!

Other than that though i love it :D

Ive decided on the mamas and papas pliko switch 2 in 1 in indigo after a lot of looking around.I wanted a mum facing one after baby is out of the 'pram' section bit (liner) and very fe of them face both ways. However one that I thought looked fab was the mothercare my3 or my4, the lady showed me it, go in and have alook as if you are small it would suit you fine and apparently it is made by the same people who make quinny! With the wuinny the carrycot is separate but with the my3/4 it flips over and becomes a stroller chair chen you are ready for it! I didnt want this though as I want a 2 handled buggy not a single handed one, they fold up smaller and also this one didnt have a very big underbasket!

Good luck

I have finally decided which pram I want! We are going for the Britax Vigour 3+ or 4+ as it ticks most of our boxes and is a dream to push! We are going to hang on until Feb though as they are apparently bringing out a new model that lays flat so you wouldn't need to buy the carrycot to use it with a new born. I'm having to sit on my hands to stop me from ordering it now!

jellyk said:
I have finally decided which pram I want! We are going for the Britax Vigour 3+ or 4+ as it ticks most of our boxes and is a dream to push! We are going to hang on until Feb though as they are apparently bringing out a new model that lays flat so you wouldn't need to buy the carrycot to use it with a new born. I'm having to sit on my hands to stop me from ordering it now!

we have put this on layby in red, cant wait to push our baby in it :dance:

meandthebump said:
OMG how hard is it trying to choose a pram/pushchair? I was staying with my parents over Christmas and we went shopping for a pram. Before going i was convinced that i wanted a 3-wheeler all terrain type as we have dogs so i wanted to be able to go offroading. But then i saw the size of the all terrain ones :shock: I am only 5'1" and am a real weakling - i could barely lift most of the pushchairs so i don't think i'd be able to lift them into the boot of the car. If i was stronger it would be no problem but i don't want to spend hundreds on a pram that i'd soon get fed of hefting around.

So now i'm thinking that i'll get something a more normal size but hopefully sturdy enough to walk the dogs along the seafront. My DH said he will carry the baby in a backack (when its old enough) to go on more adventurous walks.

Is anyone else struggling with the size of pushchairs?

have you thought about wearing your baby from birth for walking the dogs? there is a fab sticky about it in general discussion in the parenting bit (sorry cant link as have a sick babe in arms

I have that one its great and in the loft ready for number 5,only thing that went wrong was the car seat handle broke and won't stay in postion after sand got in it when we went on holiday.Other than that its pretty good.

the pram bit isn't massive it wont last long say 4/6 months but the footmuffs are great and all you'll need really.
I've had loads of prams big and small and this one is ok,i did want a bugaboo but couldn't justify the cost.

the trolley bits pretty big though still use it on izzy and she's 3 in may,she won't go in it though,she's a big girl and wants to walk :evil:

I have ordered the Mamas and Papas Switch 2 in 1 in Indigo, same as what Scones is getting.

Ticks all the boxes for me; having a reversible pram/pushchair unit was so important to me, as I think its nice to see the baby a little longer than the time they are in the pram.

Also it folds when in pram or pushchair mode which is a bonus.

I am not getting the matching car seat though because ive not heard many good things about the mamas and papas car seats :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back