• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone any experience of baby eczema?

mrsH2009

Reaction score
I will not goggle, I will not goggle, :rofl: little legs face is really sore has been for a week but is just getting worse. Been to doc's this morning and told it's infant eczema got a cream and a wash for it. But has anyone got any experience it's really red and angry and covers his face! Do they just grow out it or will he have it forever? Does it scar cos it's on the poor mites face? Don't want to google cos I know I'll get worse case senerios

Hebe has a it of it. It's on her hands, backs of knees and top of her feet. I put the cream on her face too as it feels dry but not quite eczema-y. Which cream did they give you?

they do tend to grow out of it - my sister did and she's not scared or anything :)

Thanks they gave him epaderm but said it could be a few days before we get an improvement

it looks so sore

Picture-1.jpg

Oh bless his heart :( Slap it all over him so he's all greased up - that's what we do with Hebe. We use Epaderm too and it does work pretty fast.

ooo, poor little legs and mum, hope it gets better soon :hug:

zander has it on the back of his knees i used the wash when he was little but he is one now and its half half gone as he used to have it back of his ears - wierd i know but the ears has gone now just keep an eye on it smother him x

It's no better and spreading, it's now on his eye lids and forehead and one hand :(

I'm at work so my mum and DH took him to Doc's (Sent mum as hubbie would have forgot what he'd gone for :rofl:) There's a drop in on a tue for babies, but of course due to the snow it was cancelled.

Thank God my mother talks to everyone she managed to convince one of the GP's that was just returning from lunch to cast an eye over him :rofl: (I have a mental image of her laying on the floor holding onto the GP's leg and the dr just agreeing to get rid of her :rofl:)

Anyway we have a steriod cream to try for 5 days hoping it looks better soon I'm starting to get quite concerned now

I have loads of experience of this hun and will reply after I get the lo's fed and in bed :hug:

Poor wee man :(

Sometimes it can get infected, Rosie's went like that on her back and I took her to A&E one weekend, they gave an anti-biotic cream which healed it up. I always used to put cream on her excema at every nappy change or more frequently, the key is to keep it moisturised. The minute it gets dry then it gets sore as the skin lets in the irritant if that makes sense, thats how they explained it to me. Rosie doesnt have any excema now, she has grown out of it but I still use Oilatum on her tummy and back. Hope it clears up xx

adrianne has this too, it used to be just on her face like little legs but now its mainly on her torsa and arms.. it looks awful and i can other mums staying at her when i get her weighed becus its really sore looking and you cant miss it :(

poor little man :hug: go go grannie though :lol:

I just wanted to add that it might be worth elimintaing any creams or emollients which contain LANOLIN. Rosie is allergic to this like her daddy and we didnt know until we used E45 as it contains Lanolin. It might be worth a try :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back