Any tips on a routine at 10 weeks

Spuggy

Reaction score
My baby isn't the best sleeper. He will tend to only sleep between 10 - 30 mins in the day.

We decided to start a routine for him by putting him to be about 8.30pm. He screams the place down and takes us ages to get him to sleep. When he is he will wake again 30 mins later and then we have to go through it all again.

He is bottle fed and eats every three hours. Have tried the Sleep Whisperer techniqie (in 3 hours Eat, play, sleep) but it only caused me stress.

Any tips for a baby that crys and doesn't sleep much?

Sorry I cant think of anything that you prob wont have already done, but I didnt want to read and run! Good luck, hope he settles down soon for you x

He sounds just like what charley was like. In the end I resorted to controlled crying. It's not for everyone though, it's more last resort. It took 2 weeks of doing it but now charley actually moans when he wants to go to bed! He loves his cot and is so easy to get off to sleep. For day time naps, he used to only nap for 20mins but it's starting to get longer! He has 2 short naps of 30mins and 1 long 2-3 hour nap a day now! It just takes time for them to get themselves into a routine.

my lo is 4months and i dont have a routine yet!!! i would love one! i just moved back to the uk from Italy a few weeks ago and things seem to have gne tits up since then! there he was sleeping from 11-8am, taking 5oz bottles every 3.5hrs on the dot..... and now im up 3 times in the night feeding! hes cranky thru the day, barely naps and is generally being hard work!!!! im hoping it's just a phase and that weaning will at least settle a bit in the night!!! dont worry your lo is sill so small yet for a proper routine!!! :)

I bath Tegan at 7.30 then get her dressed, feed then in her moses basket at 8.30pm and asleep! she's 11 weeks old and now sleeps 11 hours at night. do you bath LO every night? Once i started doing that Tegan settled allot better xx

noa is 11 weeks n since putting him to bed 8.30 every night - during the day he sleeps first like 30-60 min and then about 4 hours and thats it before bedtime

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back