Any other "older" mothers ttc

hello!
im ttc my first and i have just turned 31! am i classed as old!? lol!
good luck everyone!
claire x

I'm 40 but they say that you're only as old as the man you feel... in which case I'm 44!! I've no hope!!!

BTW spotting started this afternoon so I predict full AF by tomorrow, I'm just glad to know one way or the other!

Oh Honey :hug: I know what you mean about needing to know though - I'm the same. Everytime I go to the loo (for the other :oops: ) I freeze cause af generally arrives immediately after a "clear out" if you know what I mean!
I've worked it out and af was definately due yesterday, read somewhere about twins not testing positive early on anyone else heard that? I lost twins 17 years ago through early miscarriage - I'm sure I'm just clutching at straws. Obsessing about the size of my boobs, nipples etc - really need to pull myself together.

Baby dust to everyone.
x

Still no af, but trying not to get my hopes up. Nearly bought a cheapie test today but resisted the urge - I still have a cb digital but I can't bear to see not pregnant again! I've been experiencing waves of nausea and a splitting head ache, lower back pain, tingly boobs - but perhaps I'm just paranoid. Half of me wishes af would just arrive so I know where I stand and the other half hopes it doesn't so I can carry on with the fantasy in my head! love and baby dust to all.
xx

San - fingers crossed for you, when are you going to test again?

Hi Honey
I'm going to buy some cheapie stick ones - so maybe tomorrow. Otherwise I'll do it on Wednesday. How are things with you?

I'll be classed as older as well, I was 37 last jan, got pregnant when 36 but had a m/c a shortly after my birthday this year and I keep obsessing that I wanted a baby to be born when I was 37 NOT 38! :evil:

Oh well I'll have a sticky baby when I'm meant to and not before. I really don't think age matters as much once baby is here especially if you feel younger than you are, I think the only problem is in the conceiving and that we still have healthy eggs.

Baby dust to all us older ones (and to the younger ones as well :lol: ).

I'm 27 and feel old :lol: I wanted to have my first at 27 and second at 29

Well I at least want 2 kids before I am 30 :cry:

Hi mum2b and mrs metal :wave: . I know the frustration of trying/waiting/despairing and the misery of miscarriage and loss. I am blessed with 4 healthy children but also have 5 angels.

Still no sign of af but lower back pain again and while one minute I feel pregnant the next I don't - swear all my pregnancy symptoms are phantom. Especially reading about Amanda's positive with cb digital - although don't know how late af was for her - but I've had 3 negative with cb digital and am too scared to test again. Haven't tested since Sunday pm though and am feeling sick at the moment. :? :?

Anyway baby dust to all.
love and hugs
x

I hope you get you're BFP soon :pray: :pray: Sending lots of baby dust to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi San :wave:

I am very excited having read your thread. I am 42 and TTC number one, I am very fit and healthy and really really hope it happens for me. I don't believe age is or should be a barrier - but then I would say that :D Please keep us all posted and good luck
Ax

hi im 38 ive got 2 kids age 10 and 16, my fiance is 33 he doesnt have kids of his own so its a first for him, so its baby #3 for me,
i dont think we're too old at all, i must confess ttc for 9mths and did go to docs to question our fertility so we have our first appt 9th june fingers crossed alls ok and we will get our BFP real soon :D

Feel a fool again now :oops: - just tested again (superdrug) and again bfn! :( Confused now as I'm usually totally regular - thinking maybe I have might dates wrong but don't know how - but that would mean af will arrive this Saturday (always a Saturday). Perhaps the bleed I had during bd a week last Monday was af on a flying visit. :doh: Just wish she'd get here now and let us get on with it.

san said:
Feel a fool again now :oops: - just tested again (superdrug) and again bfn! :( Confused now as I'm usually totally regular - thinking maybe I have might dates wrong but don't know how - but that would mean af will arrive this Saturday (always a Saturday). Perhaps the bleed I had during bd a week last Monday was af on a flying visit. :doh: Just wish she'd get here now and let us get on with it.

Awww - I'm sorry to hear this. Don't give up hope though. I was 37 when I had my first baby. We tried and tried for another after that, but nothing happened, then out of the blue, when I was least expecting it, I had a BFP. By this time, I was 44. My little one is now nearly 6 months old and I don't feel any different to when I was 37 (energy wise etc).

Keep trying honey - your time will come - probably when you're least expecting it :wink: :hug: Us oldies CAN do it :D

Oh thanks moonmum - that really is just what I wanted to hear - was beginning to think maybe I am too old!

I really hope it's a BFP for you San and just taking a while for the hormones to build up, if still no AF or BFP next week it might be worth a trip to the docs? fingers crossed :hug:

I was thinking today on the bus home (I'm sad I know :lol: ) about you always having af on a saturday and as OV is (for most women) two weeks before AF then you probably OV on saturday/sunday. As stress can cause OV to be delayed I wondered if you're usually stressed during the week and on friday night or on saturday you relax and your body then says "phew, chilled out at last" and ovulates :lol:

Don't worry you don't have to answer I'm just being curious/nosey/prying (delete as appropriate) :rotfl:

:wave: Hi Mrs Metal - only just noticed your reply - don't know how I missed it cause I'm on this forum all the time at the moment :lol: ! I know what you mean about my timing, I'm not noticebly stressed, my cycle simply went that way when I started my period at 14 ( a late developer) and has remained that way even after 4 full term pregnancies and 4 miscarriages. No matter what, it always went back to af arriving on a Saturday .

Anyway I'm either 6 days late or 2 days early :doh: but still a no show for af. I felt really nauseus earlier but only briefly and just don't trust my symptoms at the moment. Discharge (sorry itmi :oops: ) seemed a little darker earlier and I thought here we go but its come to nothing and it occured to me I don't normally have any only when I'm pregnant - could this mean :pray: ! So do I wallow in the pre-confirmation glow or build the wall of self defence and denial. Forgot to mention did another superdrug poas yesterday afternoon and it was bfn again! I have one cb digital left and may buy another pack of cheapies but I'm not going to test again before Saturday - assuming af hasn't arrived by then!

Babydust and sticking power to all ttc.
xx

That'll take a lot of willpower not testing before saturday! I don't think I'd manage to wait, I'd probably be doing 4 tests a day, especially as I've got about 30 internet cheapies in the bathroom :lol:

Your symptoms do sound really promising, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope for a happy post from you on saturday :hug: :hug:

:wall: Well so much for not testing until Saturday - I did a Sainsburys poas at 6.30pm ..... bfn :cry: ! Determined not to test again until fmu on Saturday (assuming af doesn't arrive before then) - wonder if fmu really does make a difference - only done that once so far last Friday am I think. Wish I could concentrate on my revision instead of pregnancy :doh: !

Rene hope all things okay with you.

thanks im sure we will be fine, watching for your post on sat the very best of luck the witch doesnt get you :pray: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back