Any of your ladies have endmertisois and concive?

sparkles0210

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was diagnosed with endo 5 years ago, I've had it removed 3 times and have been on fertility treatment for aprox 12 months, still no joy :-(
I'm getting very disheartened now as I turn 40 in June and feel time is just slipping away.
I've been told once it's removed you can concive very quick, one girl I know conceived one month after surgery.

Any advise would be great.

Hi Sparkles

I have endometriosis and had a operation in August to remove it and got my BFP in November (my 2nd month off pill and ttc). I've heard that you can be more fertile the first few months after having the procedure done. When did you last have a op?

x

3 of my work collegues who have it have concieved. one was told she never would have children, morgan is now 9 months old. the other had 3 misscarriages had a laparoscopy and concieved 2 months later she is now on maternity leave.

keep hope
xx

Hi Sparkles

I have endometriosis and had a operation in August to remove it and got my BFP in November (my 2nd month off pill and ttc). I've heard that you can be more fertile the first few months after having the procedure done. When did you last have a op?

x
I'd my last op May 2011!! And we tried every month since I also take hcg to ensure ovulation, with this I know my peek days but still no joy :-( I'm just getting so disheartened now, I don't think they will remove it again as I suffer abdominal adhesion and all the surgery won't help my condition!

Have you been using OPKs to see when you are about to ovulate? Sorry you're having such a rough time with it.
Have you asked your doctor/consultant about next steps for fertility treatment as what you are doing at the moment doesn't seem to be working?
A friend of mine also has endometriosis but hers is much more severe than mine and she was due to have surgery last month to remove it but managed to get pregnant so don't give up hope.

x

Yep I'm using ovulating kits, the doctors said they would give me 18 months on the treatment and I had 90% chance of success, I suppose next step would be IVF but it's so expinsive I don't think we could afford it, it's cost us so much as it is as I'm in a private fertility clinic and IVF is four times more expensive!!! My bloods are tested every p+3 & p+7, if I need adjustments to any of my meds they do so for the next cycle. I've also had follicle tracking and have lovely eggs, so I just don't know what else I can do?

Try not to stress too much about it as stress isn't good for ttc. I have read that it can take upto 2 years to get pregnant but majority happen by 12-18 months. It could just be that it's taking a little longer for you especially as your chance of success rate is high. Worst case, can you not be put on NHS IVF waiting list? Might be worth looking into. x

I don't know if it will make any difference for you, but we used Sasmar Conceive Plus which is supposed to help the swimmers. I bought this due to lack of CM and got BFP the first month using it, don't know if this is coincidence or not but worth a try I think. x

We use preesead, do you see now why I'm getting so disheartened :-( I've bought everything i get to help!!

Yes, it must be so frustrating for you. Don't give up hope though. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back