Any mums with contract phones?

xSebbiesMumx

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Having a spot of bother with said contract phones!, was looking on the o2 site earlier and saw the S5, wanted it straight away!..Was going to buy it when low and behold it asked for ID, the only photographic form i have is a passport which is now around 5 and a half years out of date!..And i refuse to pay £70 odd just to renew it!:shakehead:, that and i cant drive yet so dont own a license!

So mainly my question was, if i popped into an o2 store, would i still need photographic ID, as ive read posts on the internet and o2 forum which say no, just a debit or credit card and a letter to prove your address, if that was the case id be fine!, but with so many conflicting answers i dont know what to believe!

So, ladies who have contract phones that we're bought from the store did you need your ID?

Hi hun, I've had a contract phone for years, albeit never with O2 but I have always done it online and never been asked for Photographic ID. They've always done a credit check but that's it. My hubby went into store to take out a contract with orange and I don't remember him being asked for ID either xx

Thanks hun, I'll give it a try tomorrow and see what they say about my oddly out of date passport :lol:, but I suppose I can dig out a bunch of letters and see where that gets me!

I'm so desperate for a new phone it's unreal! :/ must just be O2 then, their pretty strict heh!

Take your out of date passport, a recent letter and your bank card and you should be ok.
The photographic ID is because it's a legally binding contract and you must be 18- procedure is same as buying alcohol xx

Thanks ladies! :D

Will pop into o2 shop later and try my luck!, Im just hoping they'll let my out of date passport slide, ill have to take a damn recent bank statement with me, but the only one i could find was 6 months ago, ive read so much about them wanting one more recent but we will see! :)

Wish me luck! :lol:

Ive never had to provide anything with orange or ee

Well guys im back from the o2 shop, and nope they wanted additional info which meant my out of date passport!..Still that wasn't acceptable :|..So looks like ill be keeping my existing contract in MIL's name until i get everything sorted, but at least i still got the phone i wanted..

Maybe the additional ID is because of my credit rating, but it isn't really bad which is what i dont get :|

I got mine from mobilephonesdirect.co.uk I think and I didn't have to give any id

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back