Money Ideas for moving house - HELP!!

HideiLu

Reaction score
OH and I went through our figures for moving house last night and we're a bit short on all the costs.

Now, normally I could do some overtime or extra jobs to get money, but obviously being on maternity pay I'm not able too else my benefits will stop.

We desperately need ideas on how to rack up some extra cash! I've sold some of our bigger items on ebay and got a bit that way, and other stuff like books and clothes were thinking of taking to boot sale, but we've never done one before.

We need ideas fast...help!!! x

Shame you live so far away, if you are happy to paint I'd look after the baby for you and pay you to decorate for me! It aggrivates my asthma and o/h is too busy :roll:
Sorry I haven't got any better ideas, in the past I've ironed for ppl, cleaned, sold stuff (half the time I wanted to keep it but sold it in desperation!) asked for money for birthday/xmas instead of presents, babysat and looked after pets!
Good luck, it usually all comes together in the end (after a lot of worrying :pray: )

Thanks hun! I would do that too if you weren't so far, I love painting!

I'm sat here counting pennies at the moment...literally! Have counted have £26 worth so far!

We are trying to think in units of £30's rather than the full figure (about £500) so if we can find enough things to get the odd £30 it will quickly add up. :pray: :pray:

Any of LO stuff that you don't use any more that you can sell on here?

Not sure otherwise sorry

:hug: :hug:
We're moving soon too and we got quoted £288 by the removal company this morning, OUCH! Plus everything else we'll need.

Are you using a company to move? You can often hire vans for about £30 a day or £50 a weekend - ish. And move most of it yourself?

Other than that I have no ideas I'm afraid! It's so expensive isn't it! :hug:

Not sure hun. All i can say is cut down on little pleasures these days, try not to spend too much and go to Lidl instead of the bigger stores like asda or tesco.
We have started going to Lidl instead of morrison and we have saved hundreds of pounds in just a few weeks! Last night we filled up a trolly for 38pounds at Lidl!

Suzie - Yes we're hiring the van which I think is £58, then petrol on top, so fingers crossed we won't need to do more than 1 tip (we're moving 35 miles away!)

Laetitia - I might suggest to OH that our first shop when we move is Lidl only. We move on 5th December and haveeverything we need before then food wise, just bread and milkl top ups needed.

Sorry, missed who suggested baby clothes, but yes I have a few bits so will dig through later and get some pics up! Have just added my shop on here with dresses and breast pump!

Thanks ladies...I'm getting there! (Oh and for those on the edge of their seats, my final count of my 2p collection was £30.46p! :cheer: :lol: )

In our area at the moment a lot of the churches, halls, and baby groups are doing table top sales in the run upto christmas. Means that you wouldnt have to stand out in the rain!

Another idea is to become a Mystery Shopper they pay direct into your bank account once you have earnt a certain amount of money normally around £30. Work varies so it could be a phone call to an estabilishment and then making a report, or visiting a store and then reporting back, some you need to purchase an item send a receipt to get the money back and get paid for the job aswell! You pick the jobs you do to.

Jollypops said:
Another idea is to become a Mystery Shopper they pay direct into your bank account once you have earnt a certain amount of money normally around £30. Work varies so it could be a phone call to an estabilishment and then making a report, or visiting a store and then reporting back, some you need to purchase an item send a receipt to get the money back and get paid for the job aswell! You pick the jobs you do to.

That's something I was thinking of doing when my maternity allowance stops :) But at the moment I can't do it as it's an income and would be benefit fraud :( Which is why it's becoming a struggle to get the money! My half of moving costs works out £1500 - My total in mat allowance and credits etc is £676!!

Jollypops said:

I regstered with a company to do that a couple of years ago and never heard anything back from them, I think a lot of people register for that sort of thing so don't know whether there is that much work for it.

In my area they are advertising for leaflet droppers. Or local kebab shops might want leaflets delivered and pay cash :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back