Any Ideas Girls?

TheHolster

Reaction score
Morning girls!

Hope everyones ok this morning! :)

Last night in bed, about an hour after I'd finally drifted off, I got woken up by what I think was sick/bile or something similar being catapulted into the top of my throat, at the same time as I was trying to breathe!! :shock:

It sorta felt like when water goes down the wrong way and I couldnt breathe properly and was coughing for ages!

Just wondered if anybody has had this before and if they know what it is?

Instant thought is that Charlie kicked my stomach and sent dinner flying up but not sure!

Any thoughts? xxx

its just heartburn i got it terribly in my last pregnancy and form 6 month on I had to sleep sitting up!!! xx

Thanks hun! Will definitely try that!

I did suffer with heartburn LOADS until I got ranatidine tablets from the doc, since then its been gone but could well have been that. Never had it like that before though
icon_sad.gif

Just really startled me last night lol xx

I had similar hun along with the heartburn.. It felt like it was acid crawling uo my throat.. Get urself propped up on lots of pillows, was the only thing that helped me.. My OH got me Zantac, but on the box it says ask your doctor, and my doctor told me not to take them (I was told they worked absolute wonders).. But when I went into labour the midwife gave me a tablet.. I asked her what it was and she said a Zantac.. I explained to her my doctor had told me not to take them.. She said "that's why you don't listen to doctors" :lol: She said it was incase I was sick because of the G&A or pethidine if I had of decided to have it, to help with the acid that would be coming up from my tummy.. Ask you mw next time you see/talk to her xxx

*When I say only thing that helped me, I mean the feeling of the fluid coming up my throat, not the heartburn xx

Last edited:
Thank you hun! I'll definitely try propping myself up tonight! Was a bit startled last night lol xx

The dreaded heartburn/indigestion it really is horrible, I'm gutted that I have started this early with this pregnancy :wall2: The pillows idea sound like a good one!

Haven't experienced this hon but hope it doesn't happen to you again. x

i have suffered with bad heartburn for the last 6ish years brought on through stress of gcse exams, but until about 16 weeks it wasnt too bad, now it is back with avengence and boy its killing me,

i have the exact same thing on a nightly basis and found that asda's own indegestion tablets i prefer the fruity ones they taste just like refreshers :) (they come in a little tube thing like polo's and a pack of 4 tubes so 80 tablets for about £2) are the only ones that really help me, been told by various consultants to try milk b4 you go to bed or drink a pint of water b4, but to no avail,

good luck, and if it doesnt get better, ask your midwife next time u see her to prescribe you gaviscon on prescription or something along those lines,

good luck

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back