Any Hairdressers/Hair Eperts??....Anyone?? Please Help!!

littlemiss83

Reaction score
:wave:

I have a severe hair problem, I usually get my hair dyed at the hairdressers twice a year & use a box to do roots in between. I've not had my hair done for a while, and 2 days ago I used a box for roots, but i've severly f*cked it up, it looks a right state, i'm too embarrased to even post the pics.

Is anyone willing to help if I PM them the pic???

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
try performing a search the in salon geek forum, there may be a similar post there with advice hth

Last edited:
I'm not a hairdresser but I sell hair products and colours. Has the colour just not come out right? A lot of the time the only thing to do is to get it colour corrected at the hairdressers. Fairy liquid has been known to help in the past. Feel free to pm me xx

Thanks ladies...i'm gonna be very brave & post the pics

I have my hair in a different parting coz it kinda covers it so i've not actually been walking about like this....

will post the pics in a bit - gonna upload when LO in bed

xxx

Last edited:
Need to see pics or an explanation of what exactly has gone wrong with it b4 I can help xx

Ok, so

I normally go to hairdressers twice year for full works, in between use boxes, I normally buy whichever is on offer, between 3 diff brands (they're all almost identical colour wise) anyway...I normally manage ok, i've been doing it that long i'm not too bad at it, never had anything like this.

This time I used shwartzkopf (sp) extreme blonde number 3, first time using any of their stuff. For the roots it says to put on dry un-washed hair, which I did. It wasn't untill after I thought maybe my hair was a bit too dirty before hand? It hadn't been washed for 10 days (normally only do it twice a week coz its so thick but hadn't last week.

So, normally I would just go to the hairdressers to sort it, i'm pretty skint until about 3/4 weeks from now, and just cant afford it, I have to do something with a home colouring, at least so its not as bad, until i get to hairdressers.

Help!!

First pic is my before shot - duno why i took this, maybe subconsiously I knew something would f*ck up.

Before..

Attachments

• 2012-05-03 23.04.49.jpg
    2012-05-03 23.04.49.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 39
After....

Attachments

• 2012-05-07 09.47.57.jpg
    2012-05-07 09.47.57.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 2012-05-07 09.51.23.jpg
    2012-05-07 09.51.23.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 2012-05-07 09.53.00.jpg
    2012-05-07 09.53.00.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 2012-05-07 09.53.41.jpg
    2012-05-07 09.53.41.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 32
Can't tell a hundred percent from the photos what has happened, in some it looks very light at the root, in some it looks a bit orange. Is that the issue? Also what colour are you naturally? Xx

I've done this before where the colour has stayed lighter on the roots!! I would personally dye roots with a darker ash blonde , or use the wash in wash out one from superdrug and hope it catches on the roots x ( that's what I would do if I needed to sort my own hair, not professional advice) x

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

Can't tell a hundred percent from the photos what has happened, in some it looks very light at the root, in some it looks a bit orange. Is that the issue? Also what colour are you naturally? Xx

Natural colour is the top photo - roots.

I put it on so so evenly, duno how thats happened! :shock:

I've done this before where the colour has stayed lighter on the roots!! I would personally dye roots with a darker ash blonde , or use the wash in wash out one from superdrug and hope it catches on the roots x ( that's what I would do if I needed to sort my own hair, not professional advice) x

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

Good idea about the darker blonde, just scared incase the roots are still visable.

xxxx

Hi I am a hairdresser, it looks like the colour you used has lifted your roots, but not your previous lowlights/home colour. The rule is you can not lift colour with colour, only bleach will do that. What is it you want to do with your hair now ideally? X

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yyrffr

It looks like the roots have over processed and the rest under processed-colour develops quicker near the scalp due to heat.
That's if your roots were all natural (no brown colour on them and previous coloured hair hasn't been dyed darker) like u said.
Not really sure what to suggest-u need someone to apply colour to the 'bit in between' and then tone it all. Xx

Thanks

Should I get the same stuff again to do the bits that aren't right? or different stuff?

Could it be because my hair was dirty?

xxxxxxx

I don't think it will lift it myself, if you put the same thing on again it's going to really dry it out. I would honestly suggest going to a salon, even just for a consultation to give you an idea of what has happened and what to do next. Ive been hairdressing for 15 years, if u came to me i'd say a)bleach bath to lift out the darker band, b) lowlights to blend your roots in,or most drastic c) go a couple of shades darker all over. One thing for sure, don't put anything ash on it, it will go a khaki colour xx

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?45i3l0

Thanks

Should I get the same stuff again to do the bits that aren't right? or different stuff?

Could it be because my hair was dirty?

xxxxxxx

I think its bad application more than anything-i think biting the bullet and going to a salon would be the only way to guarantee an even result x

Its strange how i've not had any other probs with other brands. Stay away from Shwartzkopf. I've been using boxes for 13 years & first time using Shwartzkopf I have this. Feel like bloody phoning up & complaining.

Think i'll go back to one of the boxes i've used in the past & that'll do til I get to the hairdressers.

Thanks

xxxxx

Its strange how i've not had any other probs with other brands. Stay away from Shwartzkopf. I've been using boxes for 13 years & first time using Shwartzkopf I have this. Feel like bloody phoning up & complaining.

Think i'll go back to one of the boxes i've used in the past & that'll do til I get to the hairdressers.

Thanks

xxxxx

Heyy.

I've been a hairdresser for years!

Basically, where you have the highlights done in the salon, there will always be roots of natural hair left. Which is fine..
Then inbetween like you said your skint, cause hairdressers are a rip off frankly, so I don't blame you!

The Swarzkopf XXL colours, are like a HIGH LIFT tint, which is a step below bleach, this is why the roots have gone such a bright blonde!
Also, this is why the rest of your hair has stayed the same, because as the other lady said, tint doesn't lift tint, only bleach can lift tint.

The only thing I can suggest is popping on a darker blonde over the whole of your hair to tone down the roots...
And in future, try to stick to the one your used to ;).

Hope this kind of helps! xxxx

Thanks

xxxxx

I have to say I wou.dnt recommend anyone lightening their hair at home. Leave it to the professionals. Unless you understand undertones etc you can't guarantee the result! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back