Hair colour removal - Help!

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Hi ladies. :wave:

I've been dying my hair black for a few years (2 or 3) and am now bored of it and want to go lighter, hopefully a shade of blonde. My natural colour is a mousey brown/dark blonde...Been YEARS since I've had completely natural colour! Anyways, it's growing out at the moment, prob got around an inch and half growth where I've not dyed it, I don't really want to keep growing it out as the contrast in my natural colour and dyed colour is very obvious. My hair is quite long, probably just coming past my bra clasps at the back and it's taken me three years to grow it so long and so I don't really want to cut it short to encourage it to grow!

I've been looking at hair colour remover kits but unsure what to do as there's obviously various opinions on the remover kits and I've no idea if it will work.

My cousin tried the Scott Cornwall colour B4 kit to get a dark red out of her hair, it turned bright neon orange with orange roots....She put a brown on the top and it went straight back to the colour it was before she tried to remove it! :dohh:

Salon has quoted me a fortune to have it done and even took a snip of my hair, bleached it and showed me the end result and it was a coppery blonde/brown but very very dry. Plus, I would want to end up with the colour I want pretty quickly rather than wait weeks with a potentially awful hair colour in between.

Any opinions would be great. :) x x

I did buy a brand in boots a while back and it took out my black amazingly! Cost about 10 pounds x

I'm just terrified it will bugger my hair up! Did you go back to your natural colour or just lighter? I don't mind if it's just lighter cos I want to put a light brown/dark blonde on it x x

I used colour B4 a few months ago to get bright permanent red dye out of my natural red hair and it worked a treat. You really have to follow the instructions to a T. I got fed up with root regrowth and it was irritating and uncomfortable sitting in hairdressers for hours every month whilst pregnant.

My hair hadn't been its natural colour since I6 yrs ago. It took ages for me to pluck up the courage to do it after I bought it but I'm so glad I did.

No more sitting for hours every month in hairdressers, I save myself a complete fortune and my hair is softer and healthier than its ever been! x

I'm just terrified it will bugger my hair up! Did you go back to your natural colour or just lighter? I don't mind if it's just lighter cos I want to put a light brown/dark blonde on it x x

Basically it strips it to your colour underneath so as I was a blonde it was a slight orange colour as it takes out the colour not the bleach as bleach strips ur natural colour! I used a toner after to settle it xx

Thanks girls, sounds like I need to buy some colour remover. Not sure what colour my hair will go, as I've dyed it most colours over the years, blonde, brown, blue/black, red etc. In fact, I dread to think what will happen to my hair. :oooo:

x x

i had my hair black i only changed it 2 weeks ago i used the colour b4 kit which worked really well i also lifted it a bit more by using a blonde but i wanted to go back to my natural colour which is ginger so it worked really well for me xxx

Also, after I use the colour B4, I want to put a new colour on my hair, do I use semi permanent or permanent? And is it safe to put a very light colour on? Like the dark blonde/light brown? x x

yeh i used the one to remove dark colours it says on it you can reapply it upto 3 times. you have to follow the instructions exactly and make sure you rinse it like it says. i dyed my hair blonde i used Garnier nutrisse pre-lightener +: before i used a red colour so i would think if you want to go blonde it should be ok

Thanks for the advice hun. Should I use a pre lightener? x x

soryy im only getting back to you now hun i used the blonde as a pre lightener x

That's ok hun. Ok will have a look around. Thanks for all your help. :D x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back