Any Advice Appreciated

BabyLove

Reaction score
Sorry To Sound Like Im Moaning Allready But I Really Am In Some Pain & Am Wondering If Anyone Else Feels/Felt Like This. My Lower Back Is Agony & Has Been For The Last Week Or Two. I Cant Stand/Sit/Lay Comfortably & Sometimes Just End Up Giving In and Going To Bed Just To Seek Some Ease & Comfort. Iv Tried Cushions,Pillows Etc & End Up Wriggling Around The Sofa Trying To Find a Position That Helps. Also, If I Get Into a Position Which Helps My Back Pain, My Bump Starts To Ache. Im Only 27 Weeks.. Surely This Will Only Get Worse? x

Hi Carly,
It is funny you should ask this question because I have just been reading an article on it. I have copied some of the article for you below.

"Women suffering from muscle pain towards the end of their pregnancy are being advised to look to acupuncture, after the results of a recent report found it could be the most effective way of reducing pain.

A common complaint in expectant mothers, back or pelvic muscle pain affects many but the treatments can be hit and miss.

An American study however, has found that a mixture of gentle stretching and perhaps acupuncture may be more effective in relieving pain than traditional pain relief methods which include pain killers or more strenuous exercise.

The study, which looked at almost 1,500 pregnant women from Sweden, Iran, Brazil, Thailand and Australia found that those who participated in the suggested exercises reported a reduction in pain levels."

It would be interesting to know if anyone else on the forums have had any experience with acupuncture.

Me too Carly, that's why I've got my sicknote from docs- mine seems to spread across the bottom of the back (feels like someones fist is there) then into my left bum cheek to behind the knee.

Doc says "don't worry it will go when baby is born"- :shock:
So only another 3 months to go :rotfl:

When my back gets sore I sit on a gym ball for a while and that helps- tesco wee selling them cheap a couple of weeks ago- £7 for one with a pump or £3 for one without

midna said:
You got a ball Carly ?? ..mabey think of getting one and living on it ...lol.
I live on mine its great for my back ..and babys position nearer the time..well comfy they are.

I love siting on mine, its comfier (sp) than sitting on the sofa & good fun too :dance:

annaespana1 said:
Doc says "don't worry it will go when baby is born"- :shock:
So only another 3 months to go :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh Great! :shock: Lol .. Thanks For The Advice Everyone, I'll Deffo Look Into Getting a Birthing Ball! I'll Have To Outweight The Pro's & Con's Of Having One Tho- Have The OH Laughing His Head Off At Me Bouncing On It & Taking The P*ss At Every Given Oppertunity...Or Live In Pain For The Next 3 Months... Lol

i have had this for a few months now but i have a gym ball and its been a god send.x

Just Bought One From Ebay .. Bargain! I Hope Its Good :roll: Iv Got This Stupid Fear Of It Burting Whilst Im On It Lol :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back