anti D

mrz85

Reaction score
any 1 had this or haveing anti d injection because of the blood group they have ?

i've already had mine hun nothing to worry about, i'm a b neg and had to have a dose at 28 weeks because there is a possible chance my baby is a positive message me anything you want to know x

I'm A negative and had to have injection after MC last year. It was nothing to worry about thankfully cos I have to have it again with this pregnancyx

I,m o - and yet to have mine. You,ll have it after the birth as well if baby,s positive

ye i had it at 28 weeks, it was fine, didnt really hurt. Will be having it again after babies born too :) xx

Hya im a neg and have had this in the past I remem be r having it with my son byt not sure about my daughters espec aimee who was birn prem an whisked ofto scubu

I'm AB- rarest blood of them all :D Have mine booked in for Wed 22nd Feb at 28 weeks. Only thing I'm scared of is that it's apparently going to be in my bum! :( Ouch!
Having all my other bloods done (glucose etc) whilst there too so at least I'm having it all in one :)

I'm o- and had it with my son at 28wks and after he was born (he's o+) and will have it again at 28 wks with this pregnancy. I got told it had to be in my bum but both times I had it done in the top of my arm but also apparently it can be done in the thigh!

Just a precaution really I was worried about having it done but it's nothin really. Be warned you might have to ask whether you need it after you have the baby as the midwifes didn't realise that I was awaiting blood test results do didn't chase them!

I am due to have this in March :)

Didn;t realise they give it you in your bum, I hate bum injections!!!!!!!!

You dont have to have it in your bum, you can have it in your arm as long as it goes into a muscle.

Rock on I like that idea better :)

I will ask when I get there..

I had it in my bum the first time round, but in my arm ever since, I asked and she said they don't do it in the bum anymore, just the arm?? Don,t know whether that's just my hosp.

I had it in my bum the first time round, but in my arm ever since, I asked and she said they don't do it in the bum anymore, just the arm?? Don,t know whether that's just my hosp.

Strange she said that, maybe she just prefers to do it in arm as its same as any other Itramuscular injection it can be done into either thigh muscle (bum) or arm, dosent really matter which, ive had it both and prefered arm anyway :)

I had it at 28 weeks but didn't need it after the birth as she was A- also do may not have to do it next time as from what I can gather is a baby is negative because both parents are

Had to have it with 3 of my kids, it doesn't hurt but it does sting and I had mine in my arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back