Anti D

Nicola g

Reaction score
Have to have my anti D injection in 4 weeks ouchhh hope it's not as bad as ive heard.

ive got 2 hav this, does every1 hav it?

wats it like?

No just the ones with negative blood type, yes it hurts as far as the midwife says but last time i had it i had just given birth and didnt feel it.

Now they give it at 28wks.

It hurt when I had it with DD, but I am a wuss with injections so I tense up which doesn't help :roll:

I have mine on 19 Dec, dreading it - have to have it again, not sure at how many weeks though :think:

Only had it once with DD at 33 weeks (she has a neg bloodtype so didn't ned it after she was born) , got told by my midwife this time that I should have had it twice with her - that's reassuring!!

I am determined to be brave though - I'll have bloodtests at the same time (well not exactly the same time, but you know what I mean!) and I am getting better with them so I have no excuse!

Ive got to have it at 28 weeks, 32 weeks and then once its born...

needles dont bother me though as I have spent most of me life being treated as a pin cushion and needing drips etc... :roll:

Im ok with giving the blood if it's someone i trust doing it, but i am a needlephobic :oops:

BeckyJ said:
where do they inject u?

In your arm. I suppose that's better than in your bum/thigh. :think:

They tried to get me to go in that xmas week but im fully booked and said i could have it the week before.

I have to have it too... 4th january... I didn't think it would hurt :shock: (---->terrified of needles)

i had it a few weeks back.. in my thigh.. and yeah it hurt but not that bad.. prefure the pain for a few seconds than for mine and babys blood to mix :S you will all be fine :)

Christina1979 said:
Ive got to have it at 28 weeks, 32 weeks and then once its born...

needles dont bother me though as I have spent most of me life being treated as a pin cushion and needing drips etc... :roll:

You'll only have it after the birth if baby has a + blood type :hug:

ahh ok...

well my husbands parents 'think' he is negative too, if he is we will only have negative babies, but the hosp dont check so will be having the anti d just in case anyway...

Also my father in law is a microbiologist and he says it is all overkill anyway, but better to be safe than sorry and there are no negative side effects from having anti d

mmm i got mine in Jan...i don't mind having blood taken, that doesn't hurt, so does the injection hurt worse that that...? God, why am i worried....giving birth in April!!!!!! :rotfl:

I had my first Anti D injection last Friday. I got it in my bum and it was fine :D Stung a bit when it went in then bum was a bit sore for a while after. Don't worry too much, it will be no where near as bad as you are expecting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back