anterior placenta

lucylu87

Reaction score
Hi all. Just wondered if anyone had any experience.

Got told at 20 week scan I have an anterior placenta. Has this caused anyone any problems, other than it stopping you feeling the kicks? I have been feeling kicks anyway but aren't that strong, not that I can remember from last time whether they are suppose to be at this stage.

Thanks

Have the same, started feeling kicks at 23 weeks but they haven't reached the surface. Has now shifted a bit and my babies bum is up to the left of my belly button so getting some jabs in the kidney. :)

I think that high is what you want as there more complications from being below the baby so don't worry to much, its more a shame for your partner as you'll feel fluttering internally.

I had an anterior placenta with my daughter and other than not feeling kicks as strong and OH not really feeling much, I had no problems x

Thanks girls. I had a posterior one first time around so this is all new. She said it wasn't low or covering anything so hopefully it will be okay xx

I have an anterior placenta and it really does cushion the movements and I have to really sit down and concentrate sometimes otherwise I don't feel anything even at 28 weeks xx

My placenta is at the back but still I didn't feel movements till 22 weeks ish maybe a little later. I don't think it causes problems just means you may not feel as much x

I've got an anterior placenta and it's my first pregnancy. I felt movements and 16 and a half weeks. Now at 23 weeks they aren't much stronger just more frequent. My husband has only felt baby twice but I can see my belly "jumping" at times xx

I also have an anterior placenta, which as far as I'm aware shouldn't cause any problems unless you need to have a section, as cutting through the placenta would cause you to bleed a lot more. I'm hoping that it moves up as the baby grows as it's likely I may need a section and could really do without any more complications xx

Anterior placenta here too, but I still feel the babe quite a lot. Wondering if the placenta's moved at all actually, since partner can feel kicks quite strongly too. Might have to ask them about that! Maybe it's just got powerful legs. I haven't heard of any risk of complications except if it gets in the way during birth or in a C-section, as has already been mentioned. xx

I got told at 12 weeks I had anterior placenta but by 20 weeks it had moved which I thought was unusual but I don't know much about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back