High Anterior Placenta

frankie247

Reaction score
I found out that I've got a high anterior placenta and think it explains why I haven't felt much movement.

Anyone else have one? Did it affect how you felt the kicks or when they started?

I have the same hun and think that's why I haven't felt loads of movement. My SIL's placenta is positioned at the back so she's felt really strong kicks for quite a while. Won't be long until we're feeling the little ones boot us :) xxx

yea hun i have the same and felt movements a lot later on this time it was around 19 weeks before i felt the first lot of flutters, and around 23/24 weeks when the stronger kicks started :) and there is no stopping him now xxx

I have only just started feeling Riven properly booting me one :), I have felt small pops but he is definately getting stronger lol..

OH managed to have a good feel last night :)

I am hoping that it moves soon

I have the same. Felt my first son at 18 weeks but didn't feel this wee man until about 24 weeks xx

I was going to ask the same thing! I have anterior placenta and am not sure if I have even felt flutters yet. Want to feel movement so badly now!! Hope LO hurries up with thr boots!

Thanks all - its just frustrating as now morning sickness has gone - I was planning on relying on feeling movement to let me know all was well. Hopefully we'll just be a few weeks behind, with feeling kicks

I have an anterior placenta and it definately effects how much movement I feel. Some tiimes she proper kicks and you can feel it on the outside and other times it feels so far away I wonder if I imagined it. Alot of the time I just feel a popping kind of sensation. Hopefully in the next few weeks I should start feeling more, I'm hoping!

i have an anterior placenta and a baby that hides behind it . even the consultants cant find her heartbeat

I was told i've got that too but i'm still feeling a lot of kicking all over the place, although it's mostly quite low, the high kicks are kind of dull thuds. I was really surprised when the sonographer told me that because of the amount of kicking i've felt. Maybe mine is really high?

i were never told anything about placenta x

Have a look on your notes from your scan, Loula. It should say on there. Mine is complete opposite, very low and posterior! x

I'm same as Babyelmo - been feeling flutterings and now firmer feelings for a while now. But reports say I am anterior - even though baby's heartbeat is easy to find. Guessing mine must only be half anterior then.

Sure those big kicks will be coming to all of you soon!

I have an anterior placenta too, i dont feel much and im 26+2, there are days where i can go from feeling little flutters to feeling nothing at all. The sonographer told me as long as its not low lying and anterior it shouldn't cause any problems :)..It just makes it a bit trickier to feel them moving around :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back