Postnatal depression

Dinski

Reaction score
I just wondered how many of you mummies suffered from post natal depression after the birth of your babies?

I have suffered from depression all my life and even now during my pregnancy I often feel very low and wake up feeling hopeless/suicidal. Obviously I have been off anti-depressants since becoming pregnant but I am certain I will suffer from pnd as I am that way inclined and just wondered if you can take anti-d's and breast feed too? I don't know how I will cope if I feel depressed but can't take anything for it, I am struggling as it is.

Thanks.

i suffered for a short period with this, dont know what to suggest since u r pgut hope u get better soon

Was on anti depressants before getting PG, came off them when I got BFP. Iwas fine during my pregnancy, I felt wonderful but I was monitored at hozzie by consultant who checked I felt ok, they said I could go back on them if needed but I coped really well....

I am now back on them, I am suffering anxiety attacks now, I get so stressed when Ruby gets upset and the anxiety is causing me to get chest pains constantly. I spoke to dotor and he suggested being back on tablets for a while. Have only been on them over a week, but hoping once they kick in, I will feel good again

Sending you lots of love, its so hard but speak to your midwife/doctor and dont suffer alone.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat xxxx

I have had this problem, both bipolar and PND, and yes it is very difficult but there are ways of coping.

Have a read of this website http://www.peacehealth.org/kbase/dp/topic/zx1763/dp.htm theres some interesting info on there.

I really hope you feel better soon and find some way to deal with your depression, there are ways out there you just have to find the one thats right for you and baby :hug:

Hi,

My sister has suffered with depression for many years and had a baby last year. She suffered from post natal depression too, not helped by the fact that her husband is completely unsupportive and does little to help with the baby.

She refuses to take medication which doesn't help her situation.

I'm not sure about medication available to take whilst breast feeding but I'm sure there are some good PND forums around to be able to help you.

My sisters HV was fantastic. Make sure you let them know of your depression so that you get all the support you need. I hope you also have a good family/friend support network too.

I live in another part of the country to my sister and she's suffered alone apart from the telephone support I can give her.

I hope everthing goes OK for you.

just wanted to say that i suffered terribly with depression for years and me and DH were so worried when i got pregnant that i would suffer depression but touch wood even despite emma's difficult start in life i havent had a bad time of it. so just wanted to say good luck and try not to dwell on it too much :hug:

Just because you have suffered with depression doesnt mean you will automatically get it babe although you may be more suceptible.

I was on anti depressants on and off since I was 13 and came off when I fell preggers and like you had some tough days when I was pregnant!!

I felt ok after the birth, not depressed but I simply went back on the anti depressants to prevent me getting PND, I really didnt want to get it, and I feel the best ive ever felt going back on them!

Best of luck hun, try and be positive, if you do get it you can always have medication to help you through :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back