antenatal classes

neeko_1

Reaction score
i've never had any of them... reason being my midwife told me way to late and my spd has gotten the best of me so i can't even make it out the door..

i'm kind of worried about not knowing the classes, but most people tell me you forget all about the classes...

should i be worried?? :(

I get the impression that the main benefit of the classes is meeting local people in the same boat as you and the content is what you have read about on here or in books etc.. so as long as there are no areas that you feel you do not have enough information on, or have questions unanswered then I am sure it won't matter you haven't been to classes?!!

I've never bothered with them...whats the point when I get all the information I need from here or books and magazines :)

i get these mixed up with parentcraft i think. is antenatal where they teach u how 2 breathe n stuff? i havent been 2 them (wouldnt kno where 2 go or when!) but i think ur body will tell u when 2 breathe so i'm not concerned!
if u dont wanna miss out tho maybe u could explain 2 ur mw that u cant get out n maybe she could come 2 u (or send someone) to give u a 1-2-1 class??

Hi

I did them while pregnant with Kiara and to be honest i didnt learn anything i learned it all on here :)
Katrina

I went to one last night, i didnt really learn anything new.

I think if you have enough confidence with things like pain control (perhpas have an idea of what you would and woulnd't like due to possible side effects or what ever) and you can read books, do online research into birthing positions, ask the ladies/mum's on here etc I don't think you "need" the classes. I'm starting on the 6th but really don't think I'll learn anything new at all, it's more because it's my first, it's something DH and I can do together and as a social outlet since I know no one in the area what so ever. If I do pick up anything new, tips or hints etc I'll be sure to post them as I'm sure most mums-to-be attending classes do anyway!! :hug:

First time around I think I needed them but that was in the days before the internet and forums like this :)

I wouldn't worry too much if you miss them. You can learn lots from magazines, online and by watching the Baby Channel on Sky.

I'm only going to the day course because my OH thinks he's missing out! :roll:

i attended them with millie and thought they were a waste of time myself, all we watched was a woman give birth (like none of us look it up lol) and talked about labour and birth which u can read in mags/internet etc

I only went to a few ante-natal classes as i didn't learn any thin new i had read it all in books and magazines

At my classes we weren't told how to breathe or anythin :?

I think it's important that all mums to be get the classes they wish to attend, because you need to feel prepared and knowledgable about what is going to/could, happen. From what I've heard about the classes in this area, they weren't for me, us, and I am concerned they're focussed on pain relief and problems, have heard about 90% of them are on these issues, rather than teaching about how the uterus and body works, and how important correct breathing is for optimum blood supply to baby, and the areas that need it during birth.

thnaks girls.... right them so it looks like i'm not missing much.

that's cool, i'll have my mum there so she'll help me out :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back