Antenatal...and dad's to be!

positivity :)

Reaction score
booked my antenatal classes :dance: and when they called me they said that OH is to come with me and then he will attend a seperate one off 'daddy's to be' class..how sweet :cloud9: not at all sure what it involves but looking forward to hearing about it!! x

Awwww thats so sweet. How does he feel about going to the one alone? I dont think my fella would go to one of them x

Last edited:
he's so laid back he barely responded just said 'ok' lol! didn't even ask me what it was about?! i'm a 'need to know everything' person he's a 'only tell me what i need to know' person!! really pleased my hospital are offering it. i assume its something along the lines of being supportive and what to expect during and after labour?? x

Lol yeah well mines the same but only cos hes not listening. Yeah I expect so, it'll make it seem even more real for you and him! Oh its the hospital? Thats even better. When do they start? x

starting in october for 4 weeks + the extra daddies to be class xx

When I had ante-natal classes with my 1st, it was once a week for 6 weeks or something, just the usual carry on, then on the very last class, OH's/birthing partners were allowed along, we all sat together in the room & the OH's were given instructions on what to do during labour ect, we had to sit/lie in all sorts of strange positions, the poor souls all looked shocked. Then we went for a tour round the hospital, OH's were shown where to take us ect. They dont do the tour anymore due to "health & safety" I'll never forget the look on my OH's face as we all walked along the corridor of all the labour rooms, hearing the screams coming from different rooms....he looked terrified!! looool I always thought the screams only happened in the movies! paaahhhhh loooool no chance.

:shock:

He he I booked mine with NCT as hospital don't do them! OH can come to all of them altho I told him he doesn't have to come to the breastfeeding one! Think it will freak him out he he!
I really want to see the delivery suite before the birth so do I ask mw?

Yeah, i'd ask MW.

They dont allow any sort of tours or getting to see rooms ect in my hospital but I dont know about others. With my refresher class they showed a dvd of 1 of their rooms for the ppl who hadn't given birth in that hospital before. I think its a bit rubbish if they dont do it tbh.

Im booked with NCT as well starting 27th Oct.... OH comes to all of them. Dont think they have a separate dayy to be class but from speaking to others they do spilt the men and women into different groups at some of the sessions.
I'm hoping my hospital will let us have a look around so going to ask MW at my next appointment :)

:dance: OH is coming with me to mine too, he doesn't want to do any yoga or anything 'silly' though :p xxx

It all seems so real now doesn't it?? I have no idea about anything to do with that yet :faint: must ask at my MW appointment next week x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back