Another temp question.

lizsamuel80

Reaction score
OK I know you have to take your temp at the same time every morning and preferably after at least 3 hrs of good sleep. On Sunday morning my OH came to bed late and woke me up I thought it was 6am (it's winter so dark until about 7am) so I took my temp it was 35.90 I went to put it in my Fertility App on my phone and saw it was only 2.30am. Anyway I tried to go back to sleep but tossed and turned and really didn't get back to sleep. I still took my temp at 6am and got 36.05.

In my chart I used the 2.30am read because it is the "RESTED" reading and everything I've read about BBT said the best and most reliable reading is after 3hrs + of sleep but you should try to take it at the same time everyday if possible. They also mentioned that it makes it hard for shift workers etc. So I took that as the Reliable reading being 2.30am after I had been fully asleep for many hours.

My temps since then have been higher then that Sunday 6am read so maybe I should use that read.

i ahve no idea all this temping stuff would drive me potty its bad enough with opks :-/ just didnt wanna read n run, if its winter where u are where do u live ? im so nosey lol x

I live in Australia. I couldn't find any forums in my area that were any good.

Hi Liz :wave:

I did temping wit my first and it was so confusing I gave up in the end.

Id probably take the 2:30 read as the most reliable as, like you say, you were well rested. Do you have any idea what time you manage to get back to sleep before waking at 6am? If you managed to sleep properly from say 4am then I'd be tempted to take the 6am read. If, however, your sleep was very disturbed I would definitely go for the earlier reading.

Hope this helps!

I'm in Australia too, although I'm a Pom...where do you live? We're in Perth and have been here almost 4 years :)

Hi Lucia,

We're in Perth too, we live North of the river. How about you? How do you find the isolation here in Perth compared to the UK?

As for the tempting thing I'm going to do it for a few months just to see if there is a pattern. I just thought I'd give it a go since I can't POAS every day so I feel a little more proactive. I don't think I'll keep it up for too long it's a little unreliable but maybe I should just in case there is a problem and I can show my doc my charts on my phone if I need too.

We live NOR too! Just 10 mins from the CBD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back