Another silly question..

nori

Reaction score
OK.. heres the problem..

My house is a little bit a way from my parking space (as in just down a long driveway but you cant see my front door from the space) My next door neighbour is a nightmare with the amount of cars he has. I've told him that when the baby is born i will need the two spaces out the front as i have a 3 door car and him parking a van next to me is not going to be easy with the car seat! Hes agreed to this but i wont hold my breath as people are always coming and going (hes a motor trader.. and shouldnt be trading from home but he may buy my house at some point so dont want to fall out with him)

So.. if he does park next to me and i cant get the car seat through the front doors into the back, what do i do with the baby? Would you leave the baby in the house for two minutes to reverse the car out? Is it ok to leave the baby in the house for this tiny amount of time? Also how do you mums cope if you park in a car park and someone parks too close to you to put the baby in? You cant exactly put the baby in a vacant space and move the car!

God i wish id thought about this and got a 5 door car..

Claire x

If you needed to move the cat beforehand, i'd strap baby in the car seat so it's secure, then nip out. Make sure your front door is shut.
But that is me.

I'd leave baby for the short while it took you to get the car into position. But only if you've already tried to see if anyone is available to move the van first. If baby is in car seat and secure then it sholud be fine for a moment. I regularly left mine in the house asleep while I hung the washing out in the garden so this ain't that different.

Hopefully your neighbour will be considerate and it won't come down to that anyway. But this could also become an issue when bringing shopping in from the car. If you can't see the front door from the car will you carry baby to the house then go back for shopping bags or leave baby in car and take shopping first? Sorry to add more dilemmas!

With regards to the car park problem, I always try to park in the wide mother and baby spaces. If this isn't available I'm naughty and park a little further away in the less popular spaces and straddle 2 spaces!

MummyJess said:
But this could also become an issue when bringing shopping in from the car. If you can't see the front door from the car will you carry baby to the house then go back for shopping bags or leave baby in car and take shopping first? Sorry to add more dilemmas!

With regards to the car park problem, I always try to park in the wide mother and baby spaces. If this isn't available I'm naughty and park a little further away in the less popular spaces and straddle 2 spaces!

I didnt even think of the shopping issue! How do people manage to stay with the baby constantly?? Reakon i may do the same with regards to parking over 2 spaces.. I will be one of the annoying people i always moan about! lol

I take baby in the house first so she's warm. I shut her in the living room while i go back outside and fetch the shopping. If OH is at home i make him fetch the shopping while i unload it.

You're never gonna be with the baby every second, otherwise you'll struggle just to go to the toilet!

Where i live my cars right round the corner, i cant even see it so i know how annoying it is! I carry him round in the car seat, i too have a 3 door but he goes in the front as no passanger air bag, is that why you wanna use the back seat??

And if i go to supermarket on my own with him, i only buy little things i really need so i can struggle to carry the one bag of shopping with the car seat back from the car into home. Then i make sure i go with OH when i need anything more so he can help.xx

ReggiesMummy said:
Where i live my cars right round the corner, i cant even see it so i know how annoying it is! I carry him round in the car seat, i too have a 3 door but he goes in the front as no passanger air bag, is that why you wanna use the back seat??

Yeah i have a passenger air bag. I know that you can turn some of them off but not sure if you can the one i have.

could you leave the car seat in the car and just take baby in and out, i know people will say not to disturb baby when its asleep but it really wont hurt for the odd time here and there.

I had to move my car in a car park recently as some inconsiderate person had parked so close to me and there were loads of other spaces around :wall: . I had to leave her in the pram by the side of the car while I pulled it forward, all the time panicking someone would run her over :( , I left a note ont he other car :lol: . I find ahving a baby in car sticker on the side you put car seat in helps. I'm definitely getting a 5 door car next time.

Hi Everyone
I was thinking a similar thing about filling up the car at the petrol station? Do people leave babies in the car whilst going in to pay, I don't know why but for some reason this is really worrying me as I hate the thought of leaving my LO on their own in my car?

Debs706 said:
Hi Everyone
I was thinking a similar thing about filling up the car at the petrol station? Do people leave babies in the car whilst going in to pay, I don't know why but for some reason this is really worrying me as I hate the thought of leaving my LO on their own in my car?

ooo.. another thing i hadnt thought of! good question!

Claire x

I have had to do this once, I parked at the pump next to the window to pay so I could see it while in there and made sure the car was locked, other times though I get as much as I can fit in tank when OH is off work so i wont need to again for a while as i dont like doing it.xx

nori said:
Debs706 said:
Hi Everyone

ooo.. another thing i hadnt thought of! good question!

Claire x

I leave Calleigh in the car when getting and paying for fuel, i lock the car and i can always see the car when paying anyway so i dont see an issue with that.
Some petrol stations have a pay at the pump facility which you could use :)

As with the parking issue i live in a flat so have shared parking although i dont have an issue with people parking too close, however i have to go down one flight of stairs to get to my front door and car so if i have to load my car up with more than the usual baby bag i take it down before taking Calleigh down. I just leave her somewhere safe usually the cot whilst i am downstairs. I do the same if i have to hang washing out.

I have kept my car seat in the car from about the point at which LO was 4 weeks and it was fine (I couldn't lift the car seat out of the car!), she usually stayed asleep and I would just transfer her to the cot straight away. If you do this, you can always put them into the car from the other side - I have a 5 door car and have still had to do this before when my OH parked my car too close to the house!

With regards to shopping I totally recommend doing it online - it solves all problems!

I tend to get petrol at weekends when OH is around and one of us can stay in the car, I have to say that I have never left LO in the car, if I need to I take her in with me. But that is just my choice.

I always park in mother and baby spaces if possible, if not I try to park with the passenger door on the end of a row so that I don't have to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back